#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Those two players are as much outside players as they are inside.

Parish is predominantly inside where weight is more valuable.

I’m not saying weight is everything but it’s clear to me that he’s undersized.

Rather than counter my argument with facts why don’t you tell me what you see in Parish as a player and what makes you think that he will be a top player.

It’s easy to attack another’s opinion without actually offering a fair counter argument.

I know people think I have it in for Parish but all I report is what I see.

2 Likes

Not many people are built like Donnington. I hear he has to get specially tailored shirts with elastic in the sleeves as he shreds off the shelf clothes whenever he slightly moves an arm.

What bullshiit.

You think I can see a set up like that?
Not even worth going further with you.

You are a farkwitt of the highest order. Just about every word you type shows what a total idiot you are. Hardly one to go around labeling people.

2 Likes

Not true.
The three of them are inside/outside mids.
You can dispute that - and you’d be wrong.

1 Like

Go ahead and compare the three Brownlow medalists then!

Parish is farking miles off it!

Have I said anywhere what I thought of Parish as a footballer?
I’m addressing your point that he gets pushed off the ball too easily because of his size, and your point that he is an inside mid, whereas the other two are in/out.
Both points being incorrect.

I’m not certain about where Parish will end up. He has plenty of potential. If he’d been picked at 84 we’d all be marvelling how well he’s done so far. It’s not his fault where we picked him or where Oliver went. I reckon he’ll be competent and maybe better than that.

For me it’s not his size or intensity around the ball. It’s knowing where to run and disposal. I think he’s often not going to the best spots. And is a very ordinary kick. I just think it’s an easy thing to see size as the key issue. I just don’t think it necessarily is.

Libba didn’t win his Brownlow on the outside.

1 Like

How are you addressing what I witnessed with my own eyes today?

I haven’t yet. Would you like me too?
Ok. I’d address it by saying what you may be observing is not a factor of size, but a matter of how one uses their momentum, reflexes and agility, and also how they use their judgment in split second decisions.

1 Like

Forgive him, he is only just turned 14,.

I’m glad you at least said ‘may not be’!

I saw him get pushed under the ball! Does it matter why?

1 Like

Yeah, to me it does, if I were interested in how to change it.
Everyone gets out-bodied at some point. I watch a lot of footy like most here, and I don’t consider Parish as one who particularly stands out as being ‘pushed under the footy’. I have my own opinions on his talent and play, of course, like you. My honest opinion is that I think for someone who does a lot of analysis on the younger guys, you’ve taken a very shallow - maybe lazy - view on this.

2 Likes

Appreciate your feedback.

Ouch.
If that’s true, then I need to apologise, as I wouldn’t talk to a 14 year old that way.

You clearly have it in for him.

That’s ok, but don’t pretend otherwise.

1 Like

How do you figure that?

I said he was well down on form and it worked out that he was.

Your obsession with me is strange.

My obsession with you, you reckon?

I’m just in the Parish thread, where you spend an extraordinary amount of time. Even when he plays VFL.

2 Likes

He played VFL today. I watch a lot of VFL…

I also commented on a few other players. You know, because it’s a football forum and people comment on footballers.

Wait, all accept you who is commenting on my comments and do it throughout of threads.

You are making it personal for some reason and I think it’s a little strange.

I’m not meaning to make it personal, it’s probably close to 80-90% sh*tstirring and banter, because you’re a good poster.

But you’ve got a bias, and it annoys me a little that you refuse to acknowledge it.

I had an almost identical thing going on with Jake Melksham, and I ended up in a very similar arguing frenzy as you have found yourself in.

But I never denied i had a bias.

4 Likes