#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Spot on. I hate to agree with Chris Judd, but “cohesiveness” is the most important ingredient for a team. We have the talent and we know the game plan can stand up, the boys just need to be on the same page.

3 Likes

We need four or fives blokes to step up to the next level. We also need some older blokes not to go missing for half the game and to play their role. If that happens, then we are a real show to rattle quite a few cages. If not we may make the bottom of the 8 and slide out backwards. I want to see some mongrel this season and players standing up for each other. I have no great expectations other than wait and see. I’m hoping we can step up and turn a few heads around sideways.

5 Likes

Needs to have a big game other wise his spot in the side for rd 1 is in jeopardy

Just playing around with it, I saw it loosely like this:
(the line between ‘fringe’ and anything else is pretty grey)

1 Like

I think you’ve hit the nail on its head. Keep on banging.

Reman is an offensive back not a lockdown

But that’s not a bad breakdown

Yeah, hard to fit people into my stupid charts.
That was Redman closer to the ‘mid’ area than to the ‘back’ area, if you get my meaning.
Edit: should probably be in the next line down.

You dont think guelfi is improving??

I think he has enormous room for growth still to come.

5 Likes

I really do like Guelfi, to be honest. He, along with Baguley, Hepp and Saad would be in the first handful of players picked for me, because of the way they can be relied on to give it their all consistently. Is he improving? Maybe. I didn’t want to let my optimistic nature skew things.

I think any 20 odd year old is improving, not just guelfi.

Hes gonna be a better footy player in a few years time to what he is now no doubt.

I really liked your analysis here, but how can players such as Ham who have never played, be considered in any significant way as “improving”?

I ran out of colours.

Also - I highly doubt he will go backwards at 18.

1 Like

So many players, so little colours…

But WRT your last sentence, most draft picks do “go backwards”, in that they do not have a successful AFL career. Heck, I can list a lot of our first round draft picks who have never gone “forwards”.

You could and should colour them as fringe - that is what they are until they come good or are delisted with thanks for their time and good luck for the future.

You’re gonna make me fish out my Rainbow Graph in a minute…

Smoked Ham always keeps improving.

1 Like

Myers should not be “static” he should be “most improving”

4 Likes

DP3 got a specific mention by Terry Wallace** just then on SEN. He says DP3 has upside. Says he watched him over the last 3-4 years. Says he is not a bull and cannot compete in that sphere. Criticised the guy who coaches DP3, saying DP3 needs to be a link up/outside player.

Well. Thats what I saw DP3 doing against FCFC. He sat on the outside of packs waiting for the ball to come out to him but none of our inside players fed it out to him. Result 14 disposals. ( 2 more than Ambrose )

** was a triple premiership player, was a coach, now a commentator fwiw.

I put more value in your Champion Data information.

In my opinion Darcy Parish needs to be an inside mid, or he won’t be any more than average.

4 Likes

Parish hasn’t got the speed or kicking effeincy to play that role, anyone who has watched him at AFL level would see he play best on the inside winning clean first possession.

4 Likes

His best used at the coal face.

He isn’t Nat Fyfe or Dustin Martin in stature but he will go as hard for the ball as anyone and doesn’t care how big the MFers are that are going in along with him.

Hard as a cats head is this kid and when he came back last year and played really well it was when he was used in the contest.

2 Likes