#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Did you see our midfield on Sunday? - 41 in contested ball.

And Darcy isn’t up to it?

Please.

So, VFL get 4 practice matches and our AFL side will only have completed 4 practice matches by the end of Round 2 !!!

2 Likes

It’s only because Parish isn’t Langford.

if he drop Langford I am officially done with the club until the ■■■■ him off.

I definitely need this warm-up match in advance of the real thing the following week.

1 Like

Sure, but Coburg is arguably the weakest standalone club in the VFL, if there was relegation, it would have been relegated. Even Frankston, a year after going broke was ahead of them.

You realise that Parish got dropped don’t you?

I think the VFL teams only play the practice matches so the AFL blokes that don’t make the team can still play. Like Parish.

IN: Parish

OUT: Myers

1 Like

Maybe he is an INSIDE mid

Out: Meyer, Zaharakis & Baguely

In: Parish, Lav & Clarke

Fixed

1 Like

Based on what?

What a load of nonsense.

The Brownlow medalist from last year was thought to handball too much, also he is an inside mid and the same height as Parish. Jobe handballed alot too, he was still a great player.

If a player has the vision and ability to execute a handball in traffic to an open outside runner that is worth far more than a hacked kick forward.

Parish played pure midfield in his first season and did very well, to say he is not a midfielder is just bizarre. Maybe he will never be A grade (I think he can still make it) but he has the tools to be a good solid B+ midfielder if he is played there.

2 Likes

Yeah, nah. A fair bit of wing. Some midfield.

Not much HFF.

Where did I say he’s not a midfielder?

I know Parish kicked 5 snags on the weekend but does anyone know how much ball he won? Would be interesting to know.

4 disposals.

4 Likes

Absolute spud of a comment.

Darcy has always shown an ability to be good below his knees with good hands in close. We packed both yesterday. Bring him in and give him a few weeks in the midfield.

We need players who can stand up around the contest with the pressure is on. Darcy, in the Sydney final eighteen months ago, is one of the few players on our list to have demonstrated that ability in such a game.

4 Likes

Technically correct though.

He’s playing VFL