#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Estimated 30-35 in the game thread.

Almost bog against Sydney in a final too.

Why single out Langford to send a message, there were many played as mediocre or worse as many in the team did.

He was just joking because Langford has been made a scapegoat in the past.

If you have 35 and 5 goals from midfield in a reserves match, and the seniors play like busted arā€¦s and get done by 12 goals with a slack midfield, and you STILL donā€™t get a game, then somethingā€™s a bit off.

Much like the structure of that sentence, actually.

8 Likes

If Parish didnā€™t perform like that in a practice match against Coburg, then we would have a problem.

hmmm nah.

Was clearly stated they wanted to improve his goal kicking in 2017.

That sentence looks perfectly fineā€¦ if I was reading sliding doors :grinning:

6 Likes

Kill me now

3 Likes

Iā€™d be fine with not playing him in the seniors, so he can continue to experience good footy.

When it rains, it pours

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/rival-afl-clubs-circle-essendons-no-5-draft-pick-darcy-parish-after-round-1-omission-from-bombers-side/news-story/e845bf2f7dfa6d8a9ca147fe9d3b43a7?fbclid=IwAR0JGD6qNilhh_nCD3W4laJgUQ-KAkqtAFIh06702ifDyxVHgUVzXjnGShc

Rival AFL clubs circle Essendonā€™s No. 5 draft pick Darcy Parish after Round 1 omission from Bombers side

Jon Ralph, Herald Sun

32 minutes ago

Subscriber only

Darcy Parish is being chased by a long list of Victorian clubs including Geelong as the Bombers consider whether to reward his five-goal VFL performance.

Parish was bumped out of Essendon midfield that was annihilated by GWSā€™ brigade of on-ballers on Sunday but responded with a strong VFL performance.

THE TACKLE: ROBBO WHACKS BOMBERS AFTER LISTLESS EFFORT

AFL 2019: THE FREE AGENCY HIT LIST, HEADED BY A GAINT AND TIGER

FIELD MARSHAL: THE PRESSURE PROBLEM FACING DONS, WOOSHA

AFL 2019: THE STAT WHICH SHOULD HAVE DONS, PIES WORRIED

Parish is out of contract at the end of his fourth season but will be in no hurry to re-sign with Essendon given the uncertainty.

His priority is to get back into the Essendon side, put together an excellent fourth season and then re-sign at the Dons.

Essendonā€™s No. 5 draft pick Darcy Parish is on the radar of several rival clubs. Pic: Michael Klein

But rivals will continue to monitor his fortunes as they seek out ready-made mids in the 22 to-25-year-old age category.

Parish grew up in Winchelsea and played for the Geelong Falcons, with the Cats having a history of luring locals including Gary Rohan and Luke Dahlhaus back to the city.

The No. 5 selection from the 2015 national draft has put together three excellent seasons to start his career, with 55 games to his name.

But as a 180cm, 80kg midfielder he is not the strong-bodied bullocking midfielder that is in vogue in the AFLā€™s modern game.

RELATED CONTENT

PHILADELPHIA, PA - MARCH 10: Ben Simmons #25 of the Philadelphia 76ers handles the ball against the Indiana Pacers on March 10, 2019 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2019 NBAE David Dow/NBAE via Getty Images/AFP

Fans troll Simmons for teammate shock

Fans troll Simmons for teammate shock

Nick Kyrgios was quick to rip Angelique Kerberā€™s hypocrisy after the Germanā€™s handshake with a rival sent the tennis world into a spin.

Handshake sends tennis world abuzz

Handshake sends tennis world abuzz

|0x0

The Dons preferred left-footed veteran David Myers to Parish on the weekend but were thumped in every midfield statistical category.

Clubs aware of an extremely thin free agency group this year will have to find different ways to bolster their lists given it is almost exclusively made up of ageing veterans.

Let them circle. It would only drive his price up. Cats will have some high picks because of Kelly too. Maybe we could use them to chase a Kelly of our own.

Whoā€™s his manager, becuase that has manager written all over it.

4 Likes

give ya 1 guess.

3 Likes

Dare I say itā€¦ Conners

Sorry I had assumed you were talking about this year and last year. 2017, I think he did play a bit of HFF

1 Like

Im pretty sure its Scott Lucas and Phoenix Management group.

1 Like

Itā€™s a reasonably lazy piece of ā€œjournalismā€. Player gets overlooked for Round 1, team loses heavily, player is considering offers from elsewhere. You could probably do that with about a dozen players in the AFL. I was very surprised he was not picked. Iā€™d have played him ahead of Baguley and gone with the extra midfielder, not necessarily saying that Myers was the player selected ahead of him. Itā€™s a big season for him. The great thing is heā€™s shown he is too good for VFL football in his last 2 matches. The one after his thumb injury he got 30+ touches and 13 clearances, and in this one 5 goals. I didnā€™t see the GWS game (and I wonā€™t be too keen on watching a replay) because I was playing cricket so canā€™t comment on who should make way for him, but Iā€™d say there would be a few blokes under the pumpā€¦

1 Like

If I was Parish Iā€™d be looking at the Cats and a bunch of other option. 4 years down as a drafted mid and he hasnā€™t played there much since his first year.

3 Likes

I know what we can do. How about something simple like play the bloke in his natural position? Thatā€™s in the middle! Not the forward flank not the bench. PUT HIM IN THE GUTS!! Thatā€™s where he was in 2016 when all the showbags were out and he had a real crack, and as soon as they are back he is straight out of there

7 Likes