#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Darcy is a young footy player from out past geelong & who played for Geelong falcons. He’s probably idolised GAJ since he was 8.

Let’s not get TOO panicked quite yet. About this, at least…

7 Likes

I thought it was because he wants to belt Sheil.

6 Likes

I was really just surprised nobody had freaked out so i thought i’d give it a bump.

To me Dylan Clark is a natural inside mid. I think his attributes are exactly what we are lacking. He is strong in the inside contest and tackles effectively to prevent the opposition exit. People say his kicking is poor, but he plays within that limitation and handballs a lot.
I think he looks an ideal fit, and yet he has had one game, where he was barely near a stoppage.

2 Likes

Depends. If it was someone coming to us, then yes we get excited. If it’s one of ours…then carry on. Nothing to see here.

4 Likes

To be fair it’s just the afls Instagram so no.

Cal Twomey on his podcast was scathing of Essendon being mediocre for so long.

He singled out our continual decision to play Myers in the guts over Parish as a decision that personifies why we have gone nowhere.

I liked how harsh he was coz too many at the club settle for mediocrity

5 Likes

This sentence does not make a lot of sense.

He was harsh on Myers and the club for picking him as the club keeps giving him go after go and that is only going to lead to mediocrity

I normally don’t have good things to say about him and sure he didnt get many possessions but, I thought he looked composed in that last quarter.

2 Likes

When he is in the midfield he looks good. Yet we constantly have him up forward.

2 Likes

So glad that Myers was rushed back in to take away all of this guys midfield time after almost being BOG for us last week.

Would be nice if all players had this guys effort.

13 Likes

The club has killed this bloke

He’s a smart player.

1 Like

Plays well when Myers is out of the team. It’s pretty obvious that a forward flank is not his position.
The club is stifling his development.

2 Likes

If he’s smart he will play for the club he barracks for and move at the end of the year.

1 Like

Can we PLEASE stop referring to the club as mediocre. The term itself means middle, average or ordinary. We are the WORST performed club of the last 15 years. We are below mediocre.

8 Likes

I’ve said it before, we’re going to play him in the forward pocket for the rest of the year, periodically dropping him to the VFL because god knows we need SOMEONE to be the scapegoat for underperforming senior players, then he’ll understandably get ■■■■■■ at this horseshit and walk at the end of his contract and we’ll lose him for a second rounder cos his stats are rubbish, then he’ll walk into the starting midfield of a finals side and get 25 touches and 6 clearances a game for them for the next decade.

I honestly don’t know what the club is thinking with this kid.

35 Likes

Losing parish at the end will be the cherry on the ■■■■ cake season John worsfold has crashed with his Myers obsession.

■■■■■■■ woeful how does it get this bad

Never seen a coach so obsessed with such a ■■■■■■■ liability of a player

1 Like

Parish still needs to build more consistency into his game and be a factor when he’s not played in his preferred position - There is no guarantee that he will be a full-time mid if he moves to geelong.