#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

yes

1 Like

Itā€™s not a case of his kicking ā€˜not being elite.ā€™ His kicking can be tidy and at times, quite sharp.

Iā€™m talking about the absolute howlers, that still happen a bit too frequently, and often result in scores against. These need to be reduced for him to be in the absolute top bracket of elite mids, imo.

i mean, we havenā€™t gone so full circle that we are now pretending that Darcy doesnā€™t still need to do some work on his kicking, are we? He had 10 turnovers yesterday, thatā€™s not insignificant.

Any danger of efc signing up any of our young guns before they start dominating and cost us a packet in contract negotiations?
Darcy would have cost us $400,000 to sign up last year. I suspect heā€™ll be closer to $600,000 now if he signs.

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s the correct group to compare him too. Heā€™s not really just an inside brute. With the influence on attack combined with clearances he probably needs to be compared to the Fyfe, Danger, Pretraca, Martin grouping.

Which
a) wtf, I sort of canā€™t believe heā€™s in that conversation. Probably needs to hit the scoreboard himself more regularly to truely belong with those players.

b) yes he stayed there too long, but just maybe some forward development has been good for him.

Darcy is a lock for the Rover role. Part one of an elite midfieldā€¦tick.

We may be a player or two short of the elite group, but it is now clear that Parish has made the starting Rover role his.

Itā€™s now about who we draft this year, and how quickly the midfield group can create their own presence. Examples being the Bulldogs and Melbourne. Their mids hunt in a pack and know each otherā€™s games inside out. This is the next step and will take another season or 2 before embedding.

no, absolutely not. I get where your coming from. it would make him even better. I still think people underrate him on here though for his good work

but people focus on it like its a huge problem , when its pretty normal for most midfielders. just this week aloneā€¦

bont had 9 turnovers from 26
boak 9 from 30
petracca 6 from 27
pendlebury 6 from 23
hopper 9 from 35
martin 6 from 28
mccluggage 5 from. 24

just to name a few. you get my drift. fwiw last week he had 6 from 35 touches, Anzac day was 4 from 42 touches. its about normal if you compare it to other guys weekly

5 Likes

We finally get an elite inside midfielder and people on here still complain that he, an INSIDE MID, isnā€™t a perfect kick.

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t really have a group, is the thing. I used that group to show that he is matching (or close enough to) all the big contested players, but has most of them covered for attacking stats.

Martin, Fyfe, danger isnā€™t really the right group either, as he doesnā€™t have anywhere near the influence forward as they do.

the right group might be Neale and Macrae, but thatā€™s where the kicking and disposal efficiency gets showed up, despite matching these guys pretty well on everything else.

1 Like

I agree, people go overboard on it, and it gets too much focus. He does so much else, but is often defined by it.

But it does need work. Especially that left foot.

1 Like

He has less clangers than Petracca and a better DE than Petracca.
Heā€™s on par with Fyfe in that regards. Heā€™s kicked more goals than Fyfe (5 - 2) and averages more disposals than him and also has more clearances. Actually he and Fyfe are very similar stats wise.

1 Like

its moments in games which im loving, but im a huge fan boi (clearly)

at one stage yesterday on the HFF he won a clearance, stood up through a fyfe tackle and gave it to perkins, by hand who inturn kicked inside 50 for a set shot (hooker maybe?)

it highlighted how good his inside work is

Based on just this seasonā€™s form, heā€™d be ahead of Fyfe atm. Thatā€™s one of the things that blew me away, was just how well his numbers match up againstā€¦ Everyone!

Heā€™s just had an AA month of footy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at #3 Darcy ā€œDarcy Parishā€ Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead (Part 2).