#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

No.

Is always looking to lower the eyes.

This kids vision is amazing.

Will be a superstar.

3 Likes

IMO is tracking ahead of Hepp and Zerrett at the same age. Iā€™m not saying he has to be as good. But his development has been rapid.

As said before is the midfieldiest midfielder to ever midfield. And a very balanced midfielder at that.

1 Like

He is unbelievable in traffic, just seems to step out of trouble so easily. Thought his disposal by foot in the first half was very poor but after half time he was bang on

1 Like

I love how aggressive he is too. When he puts on a bit more size he will break away from tackles easily.

Darcy Polish

5 Likes

To have such quality as our 5th, 6th mid is nuts. Not to mention he is only in his second year.

Was loving having less responsibility out there.

Made one big mistake and was filthy. He seems to be really focused out there trying to impress and not let down the likes of Heppel, Watson, Goddard and Zerrett.

Yes, both are guns, Oliver is an absolute beast and the one I hoped we would get, the too rangas (Oliver and Frances). But I am more then happy that we have Darc. We have plenty of insides mids at the moment, and drafted some good options this year (plus Lav and Langers) for the future.

Lets not wring our hands over this. Melbourne had pick 4, we had pick 5. We probably would have taken Oliver if available. Darcy was available at 5. We took him.

Deal with it.

2 Likes

No we wouldnā€™t have. We got exactly who we wanted with our first two picks.

5 Likes

Good to hear that, but there is no doubt based on what we have seen so far, both are going to be great players.

Yep. They are both going to be very good players no doubt.

I hear ya and dealing with it very well.

In the Sam McLure article in HS today about Schache, it said Darcy had extended his contract beyond this year. Is this true?

Rioli pretty much dropped that mark coldā€¦ which makes it even betterā€¦

He didnā€™t quite hold on to the finger tipper but would have gobbled it up on the second grab if not for Mr Sheenā€™s intervention

4 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  oath. You watch Darceā€™s eyes they never leave the footy and he is always hunting for it. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  quick reflexes and a ā€œsee ball, get ballā€ mentality will drive this kid to be a star.

5 Likes

Did anyone read the back page article in the Hun about Josh Schache? Further into the story it mentions that he is the only player from the Top 5 of the 2015 draft to not re-committ to his club. It mentions Darc having re-signed with us. Is that right? Or did he extend his initial 2-year contract for an extra season during 2016? Not sure whether this is correct or notā€¦

Itā€™s in the herald sun so itā€™s a fact

6 Likes

With our current young midfield of Heppell, Zerrett, Parish, Langford and Laverdeā€¦itā€™s a great mixture of playing styles, versatility and class. But I still feel like we need that one aggressive extra inside bull to replace Watson and Myers (who is 90% injured). One player in the mold of Clayton Oliver, Ollie Wines, Jack Viney is what we need in the upcoming drafts.

Or we could just sign Fyfe, either or.