#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Played well the last time against the pies, we’ll need him to have a big game again today

2 Likes

My money goes on DP3 for the ANZAC Day Medal.

Loves a big stage and a tough game. Will give it all.

2 Likes

One of 2 who can hold their head high today. The other is smith.

Pfft, average. Heaps of cheap handballs. Not inside or outside.

1 Like

Parish can find the ball, unfortunately his disposal is a bit like Heppell’s.
He has 0 penetration in his kick.
It’s really unfortunate because he could be a good player but he just doesn’t have that attribute.
Like heppell, many of his kicks are ‘floaty’.
A real shame.

2 Likes

Thought he was actually very good today

Cant kick.

Has not improved from 2016

Improving but still some shockers by foot

Hate to say it, but ovverrated here. Can win a hard ball, but disposal generally indiscriminate. Has the skills, but is sloppy sometimes, and needs more composure. More comfortable with him inside than outside. That’s his challenge.

1 Like

Today was his best game of the year. He has gone missing for long periods this year but today was a four qtr effort.

Nervous commenting on Parish because I get shot down but he is one of the reasons we lost today.

He won the bulk of his possessions uncontested today but he refuses to look down field because he has no confidence in his kicking. As mentioned above he has no penetration in his kicking and he loops them. When you play in midfield that’s a bad combo because that’s where the majority of the players are and you really need to hit targets.

His strength as many have pointed out is what he can do around stoppages but even then he’s light so all he does is read the ball off hands and hit the ball at pace.

The reality is guys like Heppell and Merrett should realistically be our third and fourth best mids and somebody like Parish should be switching between midfield and the flank. Funnily enough he’s doing that but he has little influence on the game.

2 Likes

Does some good in and under work but his kicking is shizenhausen.

Agreed. Just kept slamming it on the boot into the inside 50…for no ones advantage.

That quarter is the Parish I’m looking forward to seeing in the future.

People seem to think he will only be a B grader. Few more quarters like that and they wont any more.

1 Like

Put the ■■■■■■ moz on him, hasn’t touched it since. Im sorry Darcy I will never say a good word again.

1 Like

When the commentators were saying yeah great start, 6 and a goal, he had 4 of them in the space of 40 seconds, he’s been average today

See you at the VFL next week.

Who am I kidding…

He’s been utterly average and his over handballing is a CANCER to the club. Needs to be taken out the back and taught how to kick, because he doesn’t give anywhere near enough four quarter effort. Great for a 10 minute burst, usually early, but completely forgettable and invisible otherwise. Simply MUST kick the ball, and if you can’t kick the ball then why is he in the midfield? Why is he only getting mid teens for possessions for a team that gets a stack of useless ball? Training wheels ended last year, needs to contribute and take some accountability for these poor performances.

2 Likes

Struggling. But hey he’s no worse than the his midfield mates

The worse midfield in the comp