#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Cracking a fat over photos of Guelfi does not constitute “putting on muscle”.

23 Likes

His forearm strength has improved exponentially…

1 Like

Rich parents, too much pocket money and all private school boys gamble.

Oh man…

You were bored doing paperwork you didn’t understand at PWC, are you bored at the Roosters now, Dean ?

1 Like

message sounds like a contribution to the Banner thread

4 Likes

Is that something @Bomb_Doe has made up for the interwebnet or is it real?

Its hard to tell sometimes!

PS Get well soon DP3

am I that bad…?

ok, here is the twitter link (not that I know how to create fake twitter links of course…)

1 Like

Reposting for quality purposes.

4 Likes

Looks like Darcy is channelling for Long’s inclusion for the Dreamtime round.

1 Like

Really disappointed that he had copped a serious injury.

Starting to add up. And there’s nothing worse than young players missing critical game for development.

8 weeks, then back via VFL. Wonder who hell displace for a finals spot.

So what’s up with this guy ? Injured ? Poor form? Both?

Edit: just saw post above me. What did he do ? VFL? I haven’t seen much about that, and I usually visit the EFC website a bit.

VFL game in late May

Parish performed strongly in the VFL side’s dominant victory over Northern Blues on the weekend, but Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow revealed on Tuesday that he had suffered a disappointing setback.

“Darcy Parish, who played a good game, has sustained a fracture to the base of his thumb – which is called a Bennett’s fracture,” Crow said in the SKINS Injury Update.

“(It) needs to be operated on, because that can become arthritic very quickly otherwise.

“The bad news for Darcy is that the normal return for those is around eight weeks – some players do a little bit better, some a bit slower.”

While it isn’t clear how long the injury will force Parish from returning to the field, Crow said the young gun can still train during his rehabilitation.

“We’ll be checking with the surgeon after he’s had that procedure and getting a better feel for how long it’s going to take to get Darcy back on the park.

“The silver lining there (is) that we can really work hard on Darcy’s running ability through that period.”

1 Like

Good to see Darcy giving the thumbs up sign in that picture.

1 Like

Bad luck for him.
Was demoted to VFL to go find the footy, which he did.
Saw him at Windy Hill in the win against the Cats and he was very good.
Looked like he backed up that performance the following week against the Blues.

No doubt in my mind he would have been an inclusion for the Tigers game had he not sustained the injury.
He is far too good for VFL footy.

1 Like

Yeah, . it’s a real thummer eh?

Just hope it heals right, and he can get back for finals, …:smirk:

Business up the front, party out the back.

1 Like

Looks like he’s only a week away now. With the bye and the extended break between Brisbane and West Coast he won’t actually end up missing that many games of footy.

Geeze I hope this guy can string together some strong form in the seniors at the back end of the year. With the rise of the Guelf I’m curious to see how he fits in our midfield balance…

On the mfkn ball. The guy is a hunter. Let him hunt!

1 Like