#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Don’t get me wrong here parish is fine, and should play everyweek. But he is similar in size to many of our other mids. Mcg, Smith, sheil, parish, all smallish inside out side mids. We have hepp, Stringer at times, and arguably tippa as bigger body’s in the middle.

Myers out and parish in doesn’t balance the situation well. What we really really need this year is for Langford to come on. But he hasn’t yet… I was always in the boat of Langford is a fwd not a mid. Was hoping I had been proved wrong last year. But now it’s not looking promising.

I 100 percent agree myers is not offering enough, but parish can’t play his role. We need someone in that role to offer ballance. Hepp usually plays better when myers is in.

Mynott looking the most promising to me in the seconds at the moment.

i would hate to lose him, but you couldn’t blame him for being ticked off when Myers is coming in for him

he has a massive amount of potential

Myers will and should come in for langford

1 Like

Not so much centre clearances but I think teams are allowing us clearances and beating us from the outside. We’re 3rd last (-30 or so) in contested possessions outside of clearances.

No.

I don’t.

Fully.

I will say a) our midfield had a lot more holes this week than last, with ostensibly only 1 change and b) I don’t think the coaches are all as completely stupid as Blitz would have it.

EDIT: And I’d say looking better organised and tighter with Myers in it is 100% a trend, over very many years.

2 Likes

is what you’re describing you see though, mostly the part about proper set up somewhat his job seeing he is in the leadership group though ?

therefore couldn’t anyone do that role if they are asked/required too ?
what if you make it to the finals and he is injured, do you have no one else to help players remember where to set up ? and just hope they do it ?

alot of what you just said was the justification as to why goddard should have stayed in the senior side as long as he did.
he’s not out there this year telling them where to set up, yet it’s probably been the strongest area of the team.

Also why wasn’t the collingwood game used as well as the north and geelong games ? everyone seemed to get sucked out of position against collingwood esp for the first qtr and a half, and collingwood and geelongs pressure match whereas norths is along way off of it.

if what you and others believe what you see is actually there and myers does all this controlling of positions so others don’t, that’s kinda worrying in itself.

firstly players should know their roles and know what is expected of them
secondly it’s a worry that myers seems to be the only player on the list capable of performing this role, and or knowing where everyone is suppose to be.

I realise that was actually your initial point, and I kinda picked out one part and ran against it.

I just don’t think this year has been one that has proven the worth of Myers. (Even though I do acknowledge what he brings.) He’s looked too far off it this year.

And while he and Parish aren’t necessarily competing for the same spot / position, it does become a situation of opportunity, and it’s no coincidence to me that Darcy’s two best games this year have been when Myers was out.

1 Like

might as well close the forum then.

1 Like

oh baby thats the good stuffffffffffffff

yeah joe deserves an award for his staging.

For some crazy reason i thought when he came back it might be out of his game. ■■■■ ME it’s frustrating. Seems worse than ever?

Same

So many times I see Langford just sagging at the back of a stoppage for the easy hand ball get you fcking knees dirty Langers and hunt for the ball if you want to be a mid.

Parish’s games in general, have been good when zac gets concused. i’d put zac on the outside and get darc in that role, and draft schloithe in the MSD to be our myers replacement.

1 Like

I say we draft Schloithe just to watch SWMNBN try to say his name…

14 Likes

Fk me schloithe could be a player

FKG GET HIM

Who do you rate better kelly or unpronounceable surname?

fixed

1 Like

Schloithe was better in the year kelly was drafted, imo. Kelly is clearly the better player now. Hell, hes one of the game’s best mids already

Do we read into this?