Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

Very impressive again today. Top 3 for mine.

Has the look of somebody that knows he’s not out of place. That look that champions have when they just know they are hard to beat!

I know it’s early but boy can this kid play.

7 Likes

Zerk Francis? Have we finally gotten the genetic engineering thing working?

Gene editing is banned by WADA. However players can change their name to anything they like.
Take Prince Lumumba for instance. Its not performance enhancing, as that case proves.

2 Likes

You’re asking the wrong question. The question is would Hurley get us a top 10 pick and would be want to leave?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trade him personally

2 Likes

Other clubs get class mids without trading star players not sure why we have to do so.

We’ll have a top 10 pick in superdraft, it’s valuable.

Ambrose & others would be traded way before Hurley

1 Like

Yes, and who knows.

I wouldn’t push him out the door, but if someone offered a top 5 pick (or top 10 + steak knives), I would let him go.

We’ve got more than a whole backline’s worth of backline talls (Francis, Zerk, Ridley, Brown, Dea, Hartley) in the VFL most weeks: I’d be confident Brown/Hartley/Dea can understudy Hooker/Gleek/Ambrose for a year or two, until Ridley/Francis/Zerk are up to the mark. Then the Fletcher kid’s another year down the track.
It’s a lot of depth.

1 Like

Standing at the huddles last Saturday, was surprised by how tall he actually is.
Almost as tall as Harts who is 6’6".
I would seriously hold him back until at least the last couple of rounds, assuming we are out of Finals contention.
He’s very, very skinny.

Some great signs though.

2 Likes

Couple of times on Saturday he was on Stanley, and he used his body well, but got outmuscled.

A lot to like.

1 Like

Huh? Won’t our pick be somewhere between 14-18?

so hes got the coke habit?

Check Sydney first, cos Buddywill bleed them dry for years to come, and other senior players will be wanting a pay rise.

You’ve forgotten about BLOODS CULTURE where everybody else plays second fiddle to Buddy in the pay packet department and LIKES IT!!!

Ive been thinking about our long-term KPD’s…and
decided I still want the immobile Hooker to start each match at FF, knowing that he can swing back.

Meanwhile, start with a mobile backline comprising up to three of Hurley/Ambrose/Zerk/Francis…this lacks height to match a 200cm monster, but the Hooker swingman option provides cover to respond to that.

Only problem is, I want one of those backs to be able to swing forward in the switch with Hooker. Hurley’s days of doing that are over. Francis MAY be capable…but I’m interested to see what Zerk can do forward, seeing as he finished the VFL match there, and got a few touches.

(I know Brown can play both ends, but he doesn’t appear to be in the coaches’ long-term plans…and Hartley is that touch immobile and not the equal of Hooker at shutting down the 200cm monsters, so I’m not sure I want him in my best 22).

1 Like

This kid can seriously play.

For a developing guenuine key back he does a lot of things very well.

Hard to see how he doesn’t have a very long career.

2 Likes

Do yourself a favour and watch (in particular) the first half of today’s game. Needs to tighten up on his opponent and add some weight, but he’s a better clunker attacking marking contest killer than Carlisle was and much better at ground level too.

16 Likes

Yep. Has all the tools.

Really like the kid, has great signs but better mark than Carlisle??? Wow

2 Likes

Some serious, serious potential here

2 Likes

Rance like

1 Like