Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

Agree
Just do not get it
Why wouldn’t you give the boy a run?
Hurley cannot hold down that position any more
Try Hurls up forward
Do something different!!!

1 Like

Hurls cannot play forward, he lacks the ability to lead and mark, and he would get beaten too easily in a one on one forward. When he gets beaten he drops his head and forgets to attack the player so it would waltz out our forward line quicker than it already does.

Hurley gets hugely underrated on this site.

His one on one percentages are comparable with all other intercepting type defenders but where he flourishes is his ability to intercept and then set up attacks.

People see a few skewed kicks and then they never let it go.

The only players that win more one on one contests are the pure lockdown key defenders and I would expect that because they are actually playing on a man and are less likely to be lost in traffic.

8 Likes

How many threads talking about Basil?

1 Like

Ah you’re delusional !
Or you just want to keep us peasants in our place?

It’s very capitalist to bribe your way (sorry “influence/ lobby”) to get what you want.
Play Zerk in the Firsts!

Anyone still suggesting Hurls should be tried forward is basically admitting they nfi

1 Like

I think he’s just working a tried and true bomberblitz classic joke.

Well I hope he is or as you say he has nfi

1 Like

We know Hurls has been a great backman and he is best placed there but no harm in doing a Sheedy during a game and trying something different when its not working.

1 Like

NFI

2 Likes

Please see Hurley 2009-2013

And then if you get the chance, ask him about his view of his abilities as a forward.

1 Like

I think Michael Hurley is a fantastic Essendon man
And could play forward if need be during the course of a game and kick a few goals

2 Likes

His wrists are farked though.

Watch him try mark the ball with his hands in front of his face.

A defender would just continually to smash into him and his career would be finished by the end of the year.

He would have made a very good forward but his wrists are no good.

Well we were not aware of that
He needs his fists to spoil in defence
He tries his heart out week in week out and just shows he needs support from a big strong defender like a fit Hooker

2 Likes

Hurls has had multiple surgeries on his wrists.

Easier to punch the ball from behind than try mark it with a defender smashing your hands from behind.

Zerky is a long man. I like that.

1 Like

I’d rather throw them in when there’s nothing on the line - not do what we did to Steinberg.

Get them in for pre season matches, then playing on weaker/inexperienced matchups on poorer sides in the real stuff.

1 Like

Absolutely
Play Zerk in the firsts
Thats the point
We Would have loved him to
Get a run in JLT but his chance will come this year no doubt!!

2 Likes

What makes you think that?

Donnington pls

2 Likes