Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

If we are happy to go to court with Robinson and expose the AFL further (the only place we are allowed to under the no disparagement clauses last year), any chance going to court with Paddy, could be another way of getting to the AFL, to get to the heart of what happened so it can be shown our duty of care was not breached? Just putting it out there.

Maybe the game plan for Paddy is to ultimately sue ASADA and the AFL for causing pain and suffering through their scare tactics in the investigation.

Maybe a bit fanciful, but would be a just outcome.

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave, and if so where to, before dreaming up imagined trades and then abusing each other over them?

Legit lol.

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave and if so where to before abusing each other over imagined trades?

Paddy can't 'choose' to leave unless we agree to a trade. He's contracted and we've said we won't trade him. Paddy is contracted. He can't just choose to leave

No, he can choose to leave us. Whether we trade him to another club or not is another thing but he can pack up his bags and ■■■■ off whenever he feels like it. 

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave, and if so where to, before dreaming up imagined trades and then abusing each other over them?

Legit lol.

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave and if so where to before abusing each other over imagined trades?

Paddy can't 'choose' to leave unless we agree to a trade. He's contracted and we've said we won't trade him. Paddy is contracted. He can't just choose to leave

No, he can choose to leave us. Whether we trade him to another club or not is another thing but he can pack up his bags and fark off whenever he feels like it. 

whats the point of having a contract then?

LUMUMBA

Well... If there ever were an unblitz like post then that is it.

I think the real question is: Would we be able to trade Saladin for Joffa?

Is that you, Party-pole?

Legit lol.

No, he can choose to leave us. Whether we trade him to another club or not is another thing but he can pack up his bags and fark off whenever he feels like it. 

whats the point of having a contract then?

Anyone can walk, but if EFC don't release him he's on the sidelines for 2 years.

Paddy will stay. He wouldn't hurt us.

LUMUMBA

Mardi gras?

farken lol

Name one established Essendon player that left Essendon and was glad with their decision.

Che cockatoo - cockatoo Collins , che cockatoo - THERE'S NOTHING HE CANT DO!!

RRRICKKYKYYY OLLLARENSHAAWWW!

A few people in here have made the point that the breach of contract clause doesn't come into effect until November 2014.

Can anybody provide me the evidence of this?

I don't know when the rule came in. But I do know that Paddy continued to play on well after the ASADA stuff broke , after the penalties and after the Ziggy report. Did he raise his concerns then that EFC had breached his contract ? No of course not he continued to play on getting paid $500k a year. He has no hope of using the breach of contract clause to walk out IMO

The other thing that I think is important is that the alleged 'governance issues' at EFC were in 2012. Paddy signed a new contract that came into place after the end of the 2012 season. So if I'm reading this correctly his current contract starrted after the alleged governance issues. Therefore I can't see how Paddy can try to enforce a clause to walkout under his current contract when the alleged governance issues occurred during his previous contract. Paddy would have to prove EFC breached his contract after 2012. This I believe would be a very very difficult thing to do.

Ba la la la la -numba

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.
Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick

I know a recruiter at a club so I'll ask him. But I'm afraid if you're waiting for Rockcliff to be offered up you'll be waiting a while. They're not giving up their best player for Ryder.
Hopefully Sydney or GWS put up their hand as they've got a lot more for us to work with IMO.

Personally I would take rockcliff for Ryder.
fark, I'd fly Ryder their myself. Do any of you watch this kid play?!?!?! Lol.
Respectfully.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't like Rockliff. He seems like a thuggy bad apple to me. Just pulling that outta my ■■■■, but I don't get a good feeling about him.

A few people in here have made the point that the breach of contract clause doesn't come into effect until November 2014.

Can anybody provide me the evidence of this?

I don't know when the rule came in. But I do know that Paddy continued to play on well after the ASADA stuff broke , after the penalties and after the Ziggy report. Did he raise his concerns then that EFC had breached his contract ? No of course not he continued to play on getting paid $500k a year. He has no hope of using the breach of contract clause to walk out IMO

The other thing that I think is important is that the alleged 'governance issues' at EFC were in 2012. Paddy signed a new contract that came into place after the end of the 2012 season. So if I'm reading this correctly his current contract starrted after the alleged governance issues. Therefore I can't see how Paddy can try to enforce a clause to walkout under his current contract when the alleged governance issues occurred during his previous contract. Paddy would have to prove EFC breached his contract after 2012. This I believe would be a very very difficult thing to do.

Not exactly.

It matters less when he signed, and more when he (potentially) realised a grievance. 

I've thought this through and here is my take.

paddy loves the club and his loved ones don't hate us either. But.....

he has two very young children and lives interstate from both sets of grandparents and extended family.

he may for perfectly legitimate reasons want the option of moving his family closer to one of the grandparents for all the right reasons. I have children and live near their grandparents and it is great for the kids and helpful to my wife and I. This could be a real consideration for paddy and his partner. But....

he has two things potentially in his way from being able to have that option open if he wants it. Firstly the 2 years left on his contract. Secondly a club that won't want to lose him.

he discusses his thoughts with his manager. Conners does his job and tries to find a point of leverage for paddy to give him the option of moving if he decides he wants it. This is the clause issue. Conners makes an enquiry to AFL or aflpa to see if the clause is in play or not. This is leaked to the press, possibly not by conners personally, but by any one of the anti essendon people he spoke to.

paddy has no intention of exercising said clause , but conners needs it as a leverage point in getting the club to consider trading paddy if in fact he decided he wants to go, which in my opinion he has shown no signs of having made a decision yet.

hence the media storm ensues.

You fly the grandparents every second weekend to Melbourne with the extra coin you gonna ask for simple!!

Thanks Tim

Totally get why Paddy could leave.

I'm a dad...2 kids.

Wife, in my ear-from QLD.

Offer

; $$$$$$$$

If Paddy stays, we need to not say-Well so he should of.

We need to call him a champion of our club, in light of current circumstances.

Wife’s not in ear. Savio is right

Wife's not in ear. Savio is right

So Paddy does want out?

Wife's not in ear. Savio is right

So Paddy does want out?
sort of