#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Were they laconic touches?

That’s a mighty game. Kid is 20 yo. Huge prospect.

3 Likes

He needs to get some angry eyebrow tattoos

2 Likes

Could be the game where he wakes up to how to use his size.

Said last year I expect him to settle in a midfield/resting forward role , and basically become a 25 possession 1-2 goal a game gun.

2 Likes

He actually took exception to one of the Coburg guys and sat him on his ■■■■ twice.

5 Likes

Massive game!! Can’t wait for when him and lav are causing havoc between the forwadline and midfield

Good VFL player.

1 Like

Lav was there today. He’s out of the moon boot.

5 Likes

I’d like to see him back it up before elevating him to the seniors.

2 Likes

Booooo

4 Likes

Nice. Mid depth is coming on.

1 Like

He’s 20 and played under 50 games. Can we not write off players that have hardly even had a crack at it?

Wait a minute, it’s blitz. carry on

2 Likes

Hopefully this is the start of it all beginning to “click” for him.

We need him to kick on if we are going to be the side that we hope we are going to be.

1 Like

I must admit that I found it a touch odd the handling of him since he was dropped. Why was he rested?!

But this is the response you want to see. To anyone who watched him at coburg, was he playing as a mid for the full game?

Mainly mid, usually centre square, rested forward a bit. Didn’t always go to the forward stoppages though, set up in the forward press zone out near 50 a few times, which is interesting.

4 Likes

He has to be a mid now and is anyway. Stewart, although only one game in, shows that a genuine third tall can work for our structure. Francis is a way off but same story there long term with key position structure. Injuries to our mids aside, I think Langers and Myers are playing for the same spot.

1 Like

I really think the lid should be kept on for Langford at this stage. It’d be great to see him continue to rack up 25+ disposals each week by playing through the middle all game. I see no point in bringing him back to play Stewarts role as the 3rd tall. Surely it would be better for Langford’s development for him to spend considerable time in the VFL playing as the primary on baller rather than getting a goal and 14 touches in the seniors playing at HFF.

5 Likes

This.

Langers is a very capable HFF but he’s currently behind Stewart for that spot (and potentially Francis once his tank improves). If he’s to make it as a mid then we need to see him bring this level of intensity to a few games on the trot, and against better opposition than Coburg. He also need to improve his decision making under pressure.

Let him develop and build his confidence in the VFL rather than bounce him back and forth between the VFL and AFL sides.

3 Likes

Don’t think for 1 minute that we will run Hooker, Stewart, and Joe every week. Number of talls will vary depending on who we are playing.

Yeah… but when haven’t we fielded a third hit up forward?