#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

He only got 6 mins in the 2nd half? Seriously…WTF?

1 Like

So we do have a coaching problem?

1 Like

Strong lad. Great tackles yesterday.

Also what’s the go with 6 mins in the 2nd half? Unfarkingbelievable. They’ve been training him as a mid in the VFL, he holds his own in the middle for the first half in the AFL…and then it’s time to rest him?

I’m not entirely sure how that works, because when I commented on the coaches doing this I was told that the players are responsible for interchanges. But I have gone all Wim and blamed the coaches anyway.

3 Likes

Six minutes in the second half…
Is that correct?
Either an injury concern or missed managed.

Wait…the coaches don’t control the interchange?
Really?

1 Like

My thought exactly @Wim.
What are we paying them for.
No wonder our players cant concentrate on playing. They are expected to coach as well?

Start Langers in the centre straight up

I think Woosh has mentioned this before. That they shouldn’t need to be told how to play they should be able to work out for themselves how the game is shifting and accommodate. It’s a nice thought but I’m not sure how practical it is.

When it comes to interchange there’s 100 of them a game. The players have been controlling that part for a while haven’t they? That’s why you’ll see all the yelling and screaming from players trying to get back on. And that’s most clubs.

When on the ground in the second half he was used mostly as a forward.

Based on his first half I thought he showed a lot.

Still fumbled a bit but is far more sure at VFL level so I expect with confidence he will iron that out of his game.

The more games we pump into this year the better off the side will be next year.

Basically it means. We need Judd cousins Kerr embley and cox to carry the team.

shakes head
Back on topic, I thought he showed some good signs.
Started doing some little things I’ve been critical of for being absent from his game.

4 Likes

I couldn’t care about finals, more importantly, if Langford and Laverde are not in the side by the end of the year I feel it’ll be a backward step for us. These two continuing to develop is important for us IMV. We are a better side when they’re playing well and our future with these two fulfilling their potential is bright.

Really?

WTF.

I need to correct myself.
6 minutes in last quarter.
Sorry for the mistake.

2 Likes

That’s not as bad, but still.

I’m really not sure what they are doing either langford, if you want him to be an inside mid, play him there and give him a role each week. He should have been playing on Rockliff all game.

1 Like

This.

Whether a fan of Langers or not, i dont see how yesterday wasnt a step forward for him.

4 Likes

Watched the 1st half of the replay last night, & would have had him in the top 6 if not 3 @ half time.

I’ve dared not venture further yet.

1 Like

General rotations are managed by the fitness group, interchange coaches and players themselves to ensure everyone is rotated through. If the coach wants someone off, they’ll tell the bench to get them off.

It’s purely practical.

There are 90 interchanges in a game, if the coach was controlling them that’s literally the only single thing the coach would have time to do. Individual coaches, particularly around the midfield, might have more input to ensure the mix they want is adhered to.

It’s been that way at every club for at least 5 years, maybe longer.

Do people still imagine Ron Barrassi screaming into the phone to get such and such off and such and such on. That was when there were 10 interchanges in an entire game, often a lot less.

1 Like

I said ‘coaches.’