#31 Zach Reid

It was picked up mid december. So 3 months is mid March…it’s already been 6 weeks

3 Likes

Where are these time estimates coming from? The only thing I’ve heard from the club is “that he will be on a modified program till at least January”.

Gumbleton.

5 Likes

Like I said, won’t play until after the bye. If at all this season. They have to be so careful

Need to develop others as key defenders.
If Reid ever becomes fit, so be it, but one shouldn’t be counting on it.

Suspect Reid will have a Gumbleton-like career.

2 Likes

Back stress fractures are extraordinarily common in tall afl players. This is a league wide thing. Many of the best key position players in the competition had stress fractures in their early years.

I’m not freaking out.

10 Likes

I would be going after Ben McKay

2 Likes

Give him a chance before writing him off, geez you guys are unreal

5 Likes

I’m honestly feeling a lot more bullish about hayes than Reid. From what limited footage I’ve seen of both Hayes just seems to have a slightly more robust stature and style which I think will hold him in good stead.

8 Likes

Harsh nickname for an 18 year old

3 Likes

In terms of similar position and where they fell draft wise it could be Francis/Ridley all over again.

Season three coming up and he can barely put a handful of games together.

No one writing him off but we should look at contingencies. Hayes strikes me as being exactly that

8 Likes

Any news on this kid? Have the training watchers seen him running laps? Hopefully not far off from building up some fitness.

Interesting perspective… I suppose only time will tell. He looks super smooth, athletic and and has great skills for a big but he also might seem a bit passive.

Passive? The guy has only been on the list for 4 months of so, give him a chance to settle in first, before you judge him.

i have no doubt reid is talented but im always less confident in guys who play like a wet paper towel. he has minimal intensity or presence. I dont think he strikes me as a naturally confident player.

it’d just be nice to see him get a clear run at it though

4 Likes

I said this as soon as I saw him play.

I still have faith he can work on this. Not that it’s an essential in order for him to become a very good afl player.

Yeah some players have a more crash and bash approach, I get feeling Reid is more of a thinker and strategiser. The intensity will hopefully come when he can string a few games together and have more confidence in his body. Another one for the wait and see column.

1 Like

The guy has played 8 games over 2 seasons. Too early to make any kind of educated assessment.

2 Likes

Reid has to develop confidence in his body first.

Good to see he has put some size on, but I reckon we are at least 2 years away from seeing his potential.

5 Likes