#31 Zach Reid

he’s also played VFL. you can only call it as you see it, and he plays very lacklustre imo. i don’t think thats even a unfair assessment

before everyone jumps down my throat about “omg stop with the negativity” he may certainly change that perception but you can only go on what you know. Being a bit more competitive isnt the be all and end all of him becoming a good/great player but from my experience it certainly helps. This is where im critical of dodoro’s recruiting. @jonovdp summed it up beautifully last week, he doesn’t recruit enough guys who are really ruthless with their competitiveness. Hope im wrong, but reid doesn’t seem like that to me

2 Likes

Hobbs, Voss recently stand out
But I think we have a few competitors, just they don’t go over the line.
Martin (diamond pick), Merrett, Parish, Draper, McGrath, Redman, Kelly, Guelfi, Durham, Menzie all fall in that category too IMO

Maybe we need more big guys in that department, I guess thats where it would be nice if Reid was or Cox or Jones,

Or Wright ran through blokes who got in his way on the lead.

2 Likes

I’m a lot more worried about Reid’s body holding up than his talent.

He can play. But his body may not let him. It certainly hasn’t been a good start.

10 Likes

100% my thoughts too.

It’s a fair assessment but I also think the poster above suggesting the lack of confidence is right in saying it may be a key catalyst to the lacklustre output. He really hasn’t had any continuity in his footy or his body since 2019. Think confidence in his body will give him confidence in his game and so forth.

If he can play 12+ senior games this year I see that as a pass mark.

1 Like

pretty confident statement. i dont think we know either way. ive never seen anything out of him thats made me go “yeah, we’ve got one here”

the biggest thing as i said before is he gets a clear run at it, so we do know

1 Like

Oh well, I guess I have seen it.

Just my opinion.

2 Likes

why do you love him so much?

seriously though, i wish i had

Love? I like him, I don’t ‘like like’ him!

I’ve just seen the signs. And I think he’s been a bit of a quiet achiever when he has played. I don’t have my fancy stats spreadsheet on hand, but his numbers have been surprisingly good in key areas. Especially considering he hasn’t got out of first gear yet.

I think he can play. I’m not overly confident that he is going to, though. This sort of injury run early in a career isn’t a good sign.

6 Likes

lets hope he is a absolute gun. because fark do we need it

2 Likes

Rewatching his games on the AFL app, hes shown really good signs. He tackles a lot and is agile when the balls on the ground. Hes stuffed up some kicks but hes got a powerful leg and can kick the ball long and low to get past a zone. If his body doesnt keep letting him down I think he will be a very good player.

6 Likes

There were a couple of times vs Hawthorn where he was put under serious pressure but just knew how to split or win the contest.

I think Reid can seriously football. He just needs a good run at it.

8 Likes

Well why don’t you marry him

5 Likes

Correct

I wanted him badly at draft time, he was so classy offensively as a junior. Really reminded me of Darcy Moore.

But his body is made of glass, just has Gumby written all over it. Totally shattering my heart the fact our trio of bounce back picks is shaping as one decent kid

I remember his first game against Brisbane in the wet. My takeaway was ■■■■, he’s nowhere near AFL football, but he’s got it and is going to be good.

Maybe Peos is already spoken for.

1 Like

We’re just friends, that’s all!

I’m still not over the Orazio breakup.

2 Likes

What’s going on between you and Peos, Cap?

2 Likes

???

I don’t know what you mean. I reply to a few of his posts here and there, as l have done to most Blitzers over the years. The above post was meant as nothing more than a little joke.