#32 Josh Eyre

Thats from December last year. May have put some on since then

@Saucy did say compared to Jones when drafted last year.

1 Like

He has, I got told by a mate at Cannons heā€™s pretty close to 90 kilos now

5 Likes

I wish I was close to 90kgs!

10 Likes

As much as he wasnā€™t a first rounder (could have been with full season) he looks to be a real talent

Terrific overhead, moves beautifully, can side step well, long left hoof

He himself said he plays like Daniher. Like.

1 Like

He also mentioned Buddy like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m closer to 90kg than I am to 80kg.

Not convincingly with Brand, Brand was very competitive and nullified most contests.

4 Likes

Not sure this is the place to put thisā€¦but how lucky are we to have Heath Hocking? What a dead set legend. And what a huge asset he is to the club. Dunno if he has life membership, but if not, by crikeys he deserves it IMO.

10 Likes

With Eyre and Jones both being superb athletes we should at least be seeing some actual repeat leading from our forwards (in a few years)

1 Like

Hopefully he is back when the soft cap is increased again.

1 Like

So @The_Ant , wanna give swoodley and the rest of us more details on Eyreā€¦

1 Like

The only additional information to what is in here, in his highlights and in the academy thread is what the coaches at The Knights say.

He played at Chargers obviously but all the Knights coaches new him very well and with a good year could have been top 20 easily.

He was a stand out at training last week as well.

A lot to like.

8 Likes

but will be played on the HBF to teach him how to defend then lose his natural ability as a forwardā€¦

this is a classic essendon trait

1 Like

I used to be 95kg but that was mainly mcdonalds

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope the club takes away his car keys then

1 Like

Yep Hocking is great.

But Eyre only joined the NGA this time last year and then only had a few sessions of training with the NGA group before Covid hit (source: Eyre on Lunchtime Catchup podcast).

1 Like

This is the kid Iā€™m genuinely most excited about from this draft. Admittedly, itā€™s mostly the mystery of what he could become, but heā€™s got some nice traits that would (hopefully) translate well to AFL.

1 Like

and he also has a brother in the academy too

5 Likes

He looks terrific in those highlights. Smooth mover, quick, great Mark. Very exiting player. Just hope we let these talls develop there bodyā€™s before rushing them to play.