Former #32 Travis Colyer

Happy Birthday Trav.

Can’t wait to see you back out on the field burning off opposition players and kicking goals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqlHhZhWgAEg13W.jpg:large

Magnificent Triceps.

You cant always get the ball out the back and then keep ahead of Hooksy like Buddy did in 2010. Buddy is way too heavy to do what he did from a 50/50 situation.

Trav has a unique set of attributes which make him an incredible excitement machine. The upper body and core strength to beat his man one on one in marking duels even where his opponent is taller. The power to accelerate away from a standstill and lose contact, the sprint speed so that no one can catch him, the ability to kick accurately at full speed.

I cannot wait for him to come back. I hope he can pick where he left off in 2015 because he was on the point of being a superstar in the middle of 2015.

1 Like
We will have a sensational mosquito fleet next year: - Walla cross half back - Fantasia across the centreline - Colyer across half forward - Green forward pocket

One by one, the building blocks of our next flag tilt are being laid.

More mosquitoes appearing in Tullamarine

Like you I can’t wait to get him back in the team having an impact with his dash and forward work.
One of the most important returnees.

Terrific interview on EFC site

Said it before and il say it again, he’s our barometer and in our top 5 players IMO. he brings something to the side no one else does. Pace away from clearances, good goal sense, lineburtsting speed, gone from a bad kick, to a very good one and is a terrific mark for his size.

Love him. Cant wait to see him in 17

game winning player,

hawks slayer

number 32

whatta guy

with such great midfield depth now is going to have some absolute ripper games vs shittier opponents than he’s used to

Will have a career year.

Multiple 25 & 2 goal games in 2017

change the thread title. almost had a heart attack reading it.

Said it before and il say it again, he's our barometer and in our top 5 players IMO. he brings something to the side no one else does. Pace away from clearances, good goal sense, lineburtsting speed, gone from a bad kick, to a very good one and is a terrific mark for his size.

Love him. Cant wait to see him in 17

Agree, and you can tell from his demeanour he has some steely resolve about him this year. I say watch 2017, Colyer is going to rip games apart.

Will be great to see his burst of speed again. Loves a goal and can get them from anywhere.

Watch young Zachy getting across at the end of the last one to lay a hand on the chaser and give Trav an extra couple of steps. Fan-■■■■■■-tastic.

Nah, too short. Trade him for someone a few cm taller.

That last one from HB/defensive side of the square. That’s what I’m talkin’ 'bout!

How good is it to have Colyer back? For me he was one of the most important signings.
He will be a really important player for us this year. I think he’s pretty underrated. I had to go back to 2016 to find this thread.

9 Likes

His kicking is a real strength now. Seemed like most time he got possession, a nice bullet pass to a team mate opening the game up was the end result. Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone improve their kicking skills as much as this bloke has.

3 Likes

He was awesome yesterday.

Didn’t stop until the final whistle.

Has turned himself into one heck of a player.

He was this good before his ban too. People have short memories. He is VITAL through the middle considering how fkg slow everyone else is in there

3 Likes

Trav is the only player at our club able to match Danger for speed. Suggest that in future if we want to try to curb Dangerfield at all, Trav could be tried on him head to head . Or even be asked to tag him. Thats a possible strategy for 1 game a year, maybe more if we play them in finals.

1 Like

Had exactly the same thought… but I worry that Trav is not strong enough to hold Danger but at least he could put pressure on him…

I reckon Colyer on Danger would be a good move tactically.

In terms of physical strength, do not underestimate Trav and he is good body on body. In terms of height against Dangerfield, that might be the weakness.

3 Likes