Former #32 Travis Colyer

COLYER%20Travis.png

Season Highlights
16 disps (13 kicks 3 hballs), 5 marks and 4 goals in Rd 17 39-pt win over GWS at Skoda Stadium (20 Jul 2013)
Mark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun Bad news for Dons.Colyer scan on his navicular. Fear is he has broken it. If so, out for season. In the dislikes for #thetackle @superfooty

Typical. Could this season get any worse? Eughhhhh…

I find this really funny

You would have loved my reaction some years back when Gumby and Davey suffered bad injuries at the same training session. I was driving (alone) to Taggerty, and basically Touretted my head off for an hour.

Bio title sorted…

From Tourettes to Taggerty : The DJR Story.

Never seen that used as a verb before… I like

Mark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun Bad news for Dons.Colyer scan on his navicular. Fear is he has broken it. If so, out for season. In the dislikes for #thetackle @superfooty

I find this really funny

You would have loved my reaction some years back when Gumby and Davey suffered bad injuries at the same training session. I was driving (alone) to Taggerty, and basically Touretted my head off for an hour.

I find this really funny

I'm still p*ssed off about this.

There have been more than a few occasions during games this year where I’ve thought ‘this guy is actually our best player.’

most important yes, best no.
this year alone Zac Merrett has probably been out best, which probably says something.

Hurley says hi!

Hurlo fo sho

There have been more than a few occasions during games this year where I’ve thought ‘this guy is actually our best player.’

this year alone Zac Merrett has probably been out best, which probably says something.

Not Hurls/Hooker?

Heppell anyone?

Not Hurls/Hooker?

Play Dempsey at half forward, give him 12 weeks to earn another contract.
Brilliant. Season's ■■■■■■, about a dozen blokes out of contract, not many kids coming through - let's use a spot opened up by injury, on a 28 year old half back? For, maybe, the carrot of having him hang around another year or two?

Plan B, play someone who’s actually a mid/forward, who hasn’t already had 10 years of opportunities, and might have a long term career from here in that slot.

If at this point I was to mention the possiblity of demps having attributes similar to Gunston would you suffer permanent brain damage?

Haha.

Good part is its a break to a bone and only a navicular hot spot. Hopefully he will be right by preseason and they can build him up slowly.

Would you accept ‘most likely to do the best things’ then?

Fortunately we have Neeld to recommend a similar treatment.

Bigger issue here - 2 players going down with identical injuries - Combine that with the increase in hamstring tendon injuries in the last 5 years and the competition has a problem.

Are the fitness people pushing players too hard ?

It appears this is the case.

Problems with the fitness regime could perhaps be offset by a cutting edge supplements program.

Cutting Edge Navicular Treatment, a case study

Dank to Bates:
“Should we consider AOD cream for Jack Trengove’s navicular?”
Bates to Dank:
"Yep. …
Dank to Bates:
“When we will start Jack Trengove on the AOD?”
Bates to Dank:
“Tomorrow”

Melbourne midfielder Jack Trengove will miss remainder of 2014 season with foot injury to navicular bone - Herald Sun, April 2014

Melbourne’s Jack Trengove might miss 2015 AFL season - The Age, October 2014

Melbourne midfielder Jack Trengove will has told JB & Billy on Triple M’s Rush Hour he thinks his season (2015) is over - Triple M, April 2015

Bigger issue here - 2 players going down with identical injuries - Combine that with the increase in hamstring tendon injuries in the last 5 years and the competition has a problem.

Problems with the fitness regime could perhaps be offset by a cutting edge supplements program.

I’m still p*ssed off about this.

Sad news for a player who has worked so hard.
It was a navicular stress fracture that Hird suffered from in1998-99.
Hopefully this will be an uncomplicated recovery.

Misses out on what would have been a well deserved top 10 b&f finish to cap off his rise to become a consistently good AFL player. Possibly top 5.

Will still be in the Top-10. Book it.