Former #32 Travis Colyer

Shadow of former self

Love trav but VFL time now

Paper’s stamped, goodbye and see ya later. His disposal by foot is ordinary, was rushed way too quick back into the senior side. A mile off the pace.

If Green had played Colyer’s game, can you imagine the vitriol?
Trav was pathetic, after being pretty much invisible last week too.
I’d take 9 disposals if he matched them with 9 tackles, but no… And don’t get me started on his myth of pace. He was paddling at times today and showed no signs of being able to close.
What is he adding again?

7 Likes

@anon71769209 WTF?

He’s not very good is he?

Smelly.

At the ground I was particularly disappointed by his defensive efforts. On a bad day you can still use your pace to shut down players and work hard defensively.

Perhaps he is not fit because he didn’t come back through the VFL?

Agree. Devon is everything Colyer should be, but isn’t…

1 Like

Except he did…

We got away with it last week as we won, but today showed Colyer is way off the pace at this point in time. Some dominant displays in the VFL should be a pre-requisite to come back after a long injury lay-off. As to who would have been better today - good question but you just don’t know. What we do know is Travis needs to find good form in the VFL

Not up to it. Not even worthy of a list cloggers position.

Took a few short steps today when approaching a few 50/50 balls. Didn’t do nearly enough today with or without the ball

Trade please.

Late second rounder thanks.

Why was he rushed back into the side? His form prior to his injury LAST YEAR was ordinary yet he plays 2 ordinary games in the VFL and he’s straight in. I JUST DON’T GET IT.

1 Like

Colyer kinda sums up everything wrong with our selection imho. Yet another ‘senior’ player that gets rushed back in without getting proper conditioning at VFL level and then spuds it up.

Not to mention he has never got close to getting back to the form his showed for his one and only purple patch that was three years ago.

Looks dodgy over the ball, his disposal has always been suspect and lacks defensive pressure.

I don’t think he is a list clogger… I think he is probably best 22 when/if finds form but why not make him find that form FIRST before bringing him in. Very frustrating.

7 Likes

This

WTF was he doing in the first to allow Sidebottom that goal? How hard is it to just man the mark?

1 Like

Dreaming. 4th rounder is the best we’d get

Same will happen with Zaka. Will have to endure three bad games in a row.

1 Like