Former #32 Travis Colyer

Just caught up on the last two games worth of posts. Lucky I didn’t post last week as I’d be flamed to eternity.

Fast becoming the new Myers. Has the potential to become a third member of the McKenna Saad Duo by really running the ball but he only ever gets it in close and as such he’s simply doing a poor impersonation of Green. Was sexy to say the opposite last week but as a forward would have Green in over him every day of the week. Easy.

Need to move on

That was incredibly annoying as they still hadn’t scored.
There is no way that Sidebottom can go the journey from 55 out, but he is a clever player with a handy sidestep.
Why wasn’t Trav thinking about the best way to man that mark ?..fk

Unfortunately, we made a number of errors like this throughout the day that prevented us from ever pinching a break.

This is what i was saying last week, for a guy of that build he seems very weak in the contest.

Short arms?
Would also explain his trouble picking up the ball.

Doesn’t appear nearly as fast as he used to be. Disappointing. Can’t excuse his fumbles and clanger kicks, if he no longer brings the game breaking pace. Needs to defend better also.

He is lucky we have a few forced changes this week.

Roll out the cannon

1 Like

biblical?

2 Likes

He’s like a party for vegetarians.

NOT.MUCH.CHOP

1 Like

He has added a new dimension to his game.

He always had the fumbles and poor decision making but seems to have worked on his “I’m going to get tackled and not even attempt to dispose of the ball” game.

ps he’s not that quick anymore.

Say it man, don’t fiddle around the edges.

We won’t know any of that until he has a few more games under his belt.
But your opening line would suggest you are just prosecuting an agenda anyway.

He should have been finding those few extra games finding touch in the VFL. I don’t think he’s anywhere near talented enough to be brought in with one full game behind him after such a long layoff.

8 Likes

Don’t disagree with you.

Just not finding the footy. No impact.

You can’t have a HFF/winger getting 9 possesions. And if he in the team for pace and pressure, 1 tackle ain’t cutting it either.

Somehow though he had more than that in the last quarter versus Roos.

If Raz is fit and hope so it’s outski for Colyer

Should be given the rest of the year to show if he has value, if not then trade/delist. Guys 24+ should be automatic best 22 (and ideally rated middle or better against the league average) when fit or not on the list. We have carried fringe players who would be at or near the bottom for their positions for far too long.

Just give him a couple of weeks. He will be much much better and back to his blistering pace taking the game on.

2 Likes

You have a unique view of list management.
Totally at odds with that espoused by Richmond, Footscray, Hawthorn, etc in their Premiership years.
But hey, what would they know?
Carlton is clearly a much better example to follow.

Delist everyone over 23 who’s not above “league average” whatever the ■■■■ that is.

2 Likes

Really struggle to see what he offers the team. Yeah, he’s a line breaker at his best BUT it’s been so long since he took the game on and offered real value. He’s had a lot of chances over the journey and has failed to deliver some semblance of consistency. Reckon it’s time to move on from the footballer and give the next wave a chance to show what they’ve got. The kids couldn’t play any worse.

Ive said it a few times his play on the wing where he slapped the ball blindly back i to play was the turning point in momentum for me.

All else aside that bit of play was opposite to what the general gist of the way they want to play.

He should be dropped for that alone, if stewart can get dropped for not sticking to the way they want to play , so can he

1 Like