#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

Of course Hirdโ€™s kicking never looked great, but they had a habit of going through as well.

1 Like

Hird didnโ€™t have a lot going for him to be honest, remarkable that he was as good as he was.

2 Likes

Are you saying recruiters donโ€™t consider luscious hair when spotting talent?

1 Like

Laverde was putting his head over the ball against werribee and was one of the few players playing defensively for us yesterday.

Honestly rate him as an inside mid player. I know everyone thinks heโ€™s a forward but heโ€™s a much better midfielder tbh.

10 Likes

Iโ€™m pretty sure Dodoro puts a great deal of time into the grooming habits of potential draftees. They get automatically drafted if they also use olive oil in their hair.

1 Like

His tackling was seriously impressive, if only the umpires noticed.

Yeah thatโ€™s not his fault that the umpiring fraternity has an agenda against Essendon.

@Paul_Cousins to speak to the VFL umpires boss?? lol

1 Like

WHEN

Unlike Langfords who didnโ€™t.

Everybody makes mistakes.

Hasnโ€™t had continuity for 3 years. Takes its toll.

1 Like

The issue I have with laverde is that I donโ€™t see a senior standard skillset, exacerbated by the fact that he doesnโ€™t have a obvious position. Thereโ€™s a player in there somewhere but the club needs to define him as a player and then allow him to learn that position inside out back to front.

Fitness/ injury has played itโ€™s part, but I donโ€™t consider it a major factor to be honest. Iโ€™m certain his career to date had been hampered primarily by poor development.

1 Like

LAV

4 Likes

BEEN AROUND THE WORLD DONโ€™T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE

On the contrary. I will get laughed at for typical Blitz hyperbole but Iโ€™ve watched every game since 2010 and Laverde [EDIT: โ€œwasโ€] the best set shot at goal I reckon Iโ€™ve seen since then. Yes Iโ€™m including Ryder in that. Arrow straight, and so much backspin that there was legitimately no draw or fade on them, they just started straight, stayed straight and finished straight. Beautiful action too.

No doubt someone will come and offer a different opinion and thatโ€™s fine, and of course the big asterisk is that itโ€™s off a sample of about 9/10 of his first shots which I think went 9.0 or 10.0 until the injuries started. From memory he took a set shot in his first game back after a long layoff and I turned to my brother and said โ€œwatch this - Iโ€™d like to be as certain of winning tatts.โ€ He promptly sprayed it and I canโ€™t remember him kicking a goal since then. Iโ€™ll cop the blame for that one lads.

8 Likes

I agree with your post.
I did think up till recently that it was mental, that he had the yips like what many golfers go thru with putting.

Now, I am examining the possibility that some of those more serious injuries have impacted on his technique.

There is a player there.
If he does turn it around like The Langford has recently done, that drafting at Picks 17 and 20 in a very challenging situation, could prove to be a masterstroke.
Letโ€™s hope soโ€ฆ

โ€ฆbut here is another who walks among them.

Nows the time to bring this lad in and see what he can do!

Nope. Wait one more week! :slight_smile: