"I can't believe we didn't take..."

TIPPA!

TIPPA!

Ok. I can't deal with this anymore. Who or what is Tippa. Please do not tell me he is the roly poly guy running around in the 2's.

TIPPA!

Ok. I can't deal with this anymore. Who or what is Tippa. Please do not tell me he is the roly poly guy running around in the 2's.

He is not that roly poly.

He is the answer to all your questions

He is the solution to all our woes

He plays tall

He is the DON in Essendon

He is Anthony Tipungwuti 

TIPPA!

Unfortunately he is. Make that really short roly poly guy.

TIPPA!

Unfortunately he is. Make that really short, * roly poly guy.

*slow

“I can’t believe we didn’t take…”

a keg and a couple of doobs into the draft meeting. First decision would’ve been a couple of pots in when you just know you’re at your best, last decision would’ve been 3/4 way through the leg and you’d just lit up. So you would’ve called ORAZIO anyway, but mainly because you spent 15 minutes laughing at it earlier.

TIPPA!

He is not that roly poly.

He is the answer to all your questions

He is the solution to all our woes

He plays tall

He is the DON in Essendon

He is Anthony Tipungwuti 

Yeh but will players walk taller when he's on the field?

Cos thats the big one.

They’ll all look taller.

Like how some insecure birds always invite a fatty boombalada when they head out, to make them look better.

"I can't believe we didn't take...."
a keg and a couple of doobs into the draft meeting. First decision would've been a couple of pots in when you just know you're at your best, last decision would've been 3/4 way through the leg and you'd just lit up. So you would've called ORAZIO anyway, but mainly because you spent 15 minutes laughing at it earlier.

6a0120a735b61b970b014e5fd78f4c970c-800wi

Well it worked for the all conquering West Indies side of the 80's.

TIPPA!

Darli, you probably need some context regarding Tippa.
At Blitz there is a long tradition of benfti creating his "hype" thread prior to the draft. It involves benfti identifying guys who are outside the mainstream junior development system, and has mainly focused on indigenous players, with a few South Australian's thrown in for good measure.
Now benfti has a pretty good record at identifying talent that translates to the AFL, although it hasn't always led to long term careers. I don't have 7 year's worth of recommendations, but I know that often when one of his hype players gets a go they show they can cut it. (who knows about the ones that don't get a go). He also can get a little excited about pure footballing talent, whereas recruiters care about other things (adapting to the system etc)
So anyway, Essendon also has a long standing lack of a dynamic small forward who can turn a game off his own boot.
Some years back benfti identified a short 17yo out of the Tiwi Islands as being a small forward who could turn a game. That forward was Tippa. He had a highlights video that said genius, and showed strength over the ball, creative thinking, classy skills and a shimmy that made time stop.
He was also overweight, had poor endurance and could barely speak English.
He was a fair way off AFL. But we do love a good highlights video.
Unsurprisingly he wasn't drafted. Usually it would finish there, but this is why Tippa is special. As an 18yo from Tiwi, he picked up his life and headed to country Victoria to play as an overage player for Gippsland in the TAC cup. He learned English and trained hard. He was still short, but his tank was improving and he was now influencing games off the HBF.
He would again go undrafted, but he would not give up on the dream. Instead of heading back to the Territory, he headed to Melbourne, and joined the Essendon VFL team, where he was a solid performer, consistently getting games as a top up player when guys like the highly rated Toy couldn't get one.
So he's a kid that has come from a long way back in terms of advantages, and who has worked hard and kept improving at every level.
He also has class and skills, and a nice side step.
He's practically no chance to end up at Essendon in this draft, especially since we drafted small forward types, but if he stays at Essendon VFL next year I expect he'll keep improving, and I wouldn't discount him having an AFL career yet...

TIPPA!

At Blitz there is a long tradition of benfti creating his "hype" thread prior to the draft. It involves benfti identifying guys who are outside the mainstream junior development system, and has mainly focused on indigenous players, with a few South Australian's thrown in for good measure.
Now benfti has a pretty good record at identifying talent that translates to the AFL, although it hasn't always led to long term careers. I don't have 7 year's worth of recommendations, but I know that often when one of his hype players gets a go they show they can cut it. (who knows about the ones that don't get a go). He also can get a little excited about pure footballing talent, whereas recruiters care about other things (adapting to the system etc)
So anyway, Essendon also has a long standing lack of a dynamic small forward who can turn a game off his own boot.
Some years back benfti identified a short 17yo out of the Tiwi Islands as being a small forward who could turn a game. That forward was Tippa. He had a highlights video that said genius, and showed strength over the ball, creative thinking, classy skills and a shimmy that made time stop.
Unsurprisingly he wasn't drafted. Usually it would finish there, but this is why Tippa is special. As an 18yo from Tiwi, he picked up his life and headed to country Victoria to play as an overage player for Gippsland in the TAC cup. He learned English and trained hard. He was still short, but his tank was improving and he was now influencing games off the HBF.
He would again go undrafted, but he would not give up on the dream. Instead of heading back to the Territory, he headed to Melbourne, and joined the Essendon VFL team, where he was a solid performer, consistently getting games as a top up player when guys like the highly rated Toy couldn't get one.
So he's a kid that has come from a long way back in terms of advantages, and who has worked hard and kept improving at every level.
He's practically no chance to end up at Essendon in this draft, especially since we drafted small forward types, but if he stays at Essendon VFL next year I expect he'll keep improving, and I wouldn't discount him having an AFL career yet...

Inspiring...
Leroy is very lucky to be on the list, his spot would have been very useful.

TIPPA!

Inspiring...
Leroy is very lucky to be on the list, his spot would have been very useful.

By Frog Davey

I can’t talk about any of our choices because I’ve never seen them. But I did see Nick HOLMAN play for Kyabram in the GV grand final. Just thought to myself, this kid is a champion. Can’t believe he went so low. Captain of Vic Country team. Time will tell. Blood Carlton though. : (

TIPPA!

Thankyou!
Sign him up!

"I can't believe we didn't take...."
a keg and a couple of doobs into the draft meeting. First decision would've been a couple of pots in when you just know you're at your best, last decision would've been 3/4 way through the leg and you'd just lit up. So you would've called ORAZIO anyway, but mainly because you spent 15 minutes laughing at it earlier.

6a0120a735b61b970b014e5fd78f4c970c-800wi

Well it worked for the all conquering West Indies side of the 80's.

Nah that looks like the other/Original "Big Game James", James Worthy of the Los Angeles Lakers (I know it is not JW).

And Bravo Darli, that is the spirit!