#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Longy can play.

He doesn’t do many things wrong on the footy field Longy… he will grow into a good AFL football player.

Faster than his dad!

This year has been brilliantly managed by the club, a fantastic turnaround from the recent dark days of poor administration

That video with Long Snr when Jake gave him the news had me weeping like a baby. Such love and respect for his old man. So great to see. How lucky are we that the club captured that and the Longs allowed us to share in such a special moment. Despite being such a dire season result wise we have been treated to some special moments this year. His debut, combined with one of our youngest ever captains leading this week will hopefully inspire something extraordinary tomorrow.

Question for the VFL watchers. Does Jake have the tricks to make a dangerous defensive small forward? Sounds like he has tackling pressure down, but can he hit the scoreboard?

Would give us some flexibility and allow Tippa to move back if he goes missing during the game as has happened in the last few. I’d love to see Tippa and McKenna hitting targets at will and providing mazy runs through the centre.

Faster than his dad!

That’s darn fast. The way he runs and moves is so reminiscent of his dad too. In 20 years time I want to see him in a Toyota commercial

Had a quick chat with his dad at training today. We talked about how great the father son rule was… keeping some tradition in a game that is so much about dollars nowadays. Michael said the club has been really good on that front - keeping people connected. I mentioned I’d chatted with Jake briefly at the 93 reunion a few years back - Jake had just had some shoulder surgery and was in a sling - and how I’d thought then how much I’d like to see him at the club in a few years. And tomorrow sees that dream realised :slight_smile:

It was a special moment for any true Essendon supporter watching those video clips.
Wins and playing performances come and go, and we all want success for the club, but moments like that, and the father son thing, really is what it is all about.
I love how the father son, and the drafting of kids who have followed the club all their lives, turns into true loyalty and love of the club when they play.
The sport is professional now and Rsoles like Connors make it even more about money rather than club and team. I miss the loyalty side. It is the supporters and moments like this that keep you going.

Respect
https://twitter.com/terencephilip1/status/764381130896265216

The look in the old fellas eyes…

Has poise and foot skills. Keeper.

Really good debut, he can play.

I’M IN LOVE BABY

We never lose with him in the team.

Keeper. Nice game looked poised and ready to go.

Keeper. Nice game looked poised and ready to go.

Tough as nails and stronger than he looks.

Should keep the headband. The Hendrix look really suits him …