#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Faster than his dad!

Long snr is on crutches. So yes

Showed plenty. A few really nice tackles, used it well and didn’t look out of place at all. Well done, Longy! :smile:

Great hair.

13 possessions, 3 tackles and 2 goal assists. Great debut game for Longy…

Very composed and hard at it. Looked very natural out there. That set shot was oh so close, would’ve had me screaming with joy for hours.

He can kick, that enough for me.

Me rikey.

Faster than his dad!

Long snr is on crutches. So yes

And the size of Jupiter. So yes

He can kick, that enough for me.

We’ll fix that.

Showed some really good signs.

For such a light frame, he doesnt mind body contact at all.

Put his body on the line today when required that resulted in a couple of goal assists.

Hard as farkin’ nails this kid.

A bit like the Francis debut for mine… did enough of those ‘very very very good’ things to make you notice. I hope he gets a senior spot next year so we can see a bit more of him. I still think he is at least 2 years away from getting his body right for AFL.

Has it, another find for the year!!

He better not be pushed into the wilderness next year with all the old guys back.

Is ■■■■■■ hard, they tried to hit him hard but he was up for it

Looked good at senior level. I hope he gets retained.

Can he have another year on the rookie list?

I love that he does the little things like lay a shepherd after dishing off the handball. I’ll love it even more when opposition players actually notice the contact.

Question for the VFL watchers. Does Jake have the tricks to make a dangerous defensive small forward? Sounds like he has tackling pressure down, but can he hit the scoreboard?

Would give us some flexibility and allow Tippa to move back if he goes missing during the game as has happened in the last few. I’d love to see Tippa and McKenna hitting targets at will and providing mazy runs through the centre.

Jake has served a kind of apprenticeship in the 2s. He played forward at first, and showed he had the agility and the tricks. So , with the ball in hand he always was audacious . But he needed to lift his defensive game and they moved him to the wing, and then half back, to strengthen these areas. During this process he learned about the 1% effort, the little things, the things you need to do when kicking a goal is not an option. During the process , he hardened up a huge amount from the spindly kid and is much stronger than he appears.

Having taken the step up he needs the next 2 games to get a feel for it, and then another pre-season, and well, lets just see how it unfolds.

He better not be pushed into the wilderness next year with all the old guys back.

“Thank you for your enquiries as to your contract Hurls but your services are not required. WE HAVE J LONG”