#36 Lachlan Dalgleish

That is one of the most awesome things I’ve ever seen in a footy match. That and Scotty Lucas’ goal out of mid-air in the pocket.

Quoted Post

I thought I'd do two sides since this has become a 'experienced side' vs 'new wave side'.

Experienced side:

Fletch Hooker Bags
Pig Hurls Demps

Stants Jobe BJ
TBell Heppell Howlett

Cooney Carlisle Chappy
Winders JoeDan Gwilt

Zaka Giles Myers
Melk

New Wave side:

Gwilt Hooker Bags
Dal Hurls Ashby

Colyer Jobe Laverde
TBell Heppell Browne

Langford Carlisle Zerrett
Fanta JoeDan Edwards

Giles Glees Jerrett
Hams

Edit: Old side has an average of 122.5 games.

New side is 45.9 games</blockquote>

I like your sides… But someone told me to tell you to “shut your clam”, he also said out Gwilt, in PIG.

I wondered earlier if BJ would have handpassed to him if that situation had occured post Goal of the Year.

still don’t think he gets enough of the ball and doesn’t demand it from teammates.

there was a piece of play in the 3rd i think where we broke them open on the wing and he positioned himself nicely on the inside of BJ who what was clear with the ball. BJ should have given it but didn’t and had a couple of bounces himself down the wing, Dal should have been screaming for it, could have raced to 50 in an instant because the back of the square was open.

BJ should have given it regardless but i want to see dalgleish go ballistic if not given handballs like that.

I thought I’d do two sides since this has become a ‘experienced side’ vs ‘new wave side’.

Experienced side:

Fletch Hooker Bags
Pig Hurls Demps

Stants Jobe BJ
TBell Heppell Howlett

Cooney Carlisle Chappy
Winders JoeDan Gwilt

Zaka Giles Myers
Melk

New Wave side:

Gwilt Hooker Bags
Dal Hurls Ashby

Colyer Jobe Laverde
TBell Heppell Browne

Langford Carlisle Zerrett
Fanta JoeDan Edwards

Giles Glees Jerrett
Hams

Edit: Old side has an average of 122.5 games.

New side is 45.9 games

Fully deserves #1 highlight for the NAB.
Agreed. he was noticed during the preseason in traffic, but I didnt ever see him do that !

The other highlight was the acceleration to make position out in front for the intercept for the matchwinner, not only that, he made the decision to play on and goal. Outstanding.

Must play and I see no reason why he won’t, has been trained to play deep defence all pre- season.

It’s no secret we need to add speed, we lost Ryder who made us feel quicker around the ground, Dal, Edwards, Gleeson and Ashby give us that.

They won’t all play but 2 should for us to compete against the big boys and blokes like Howlett, Hocking need to make way, still leaves plenty of Braun. Melksham can play run with.

Yeah… so… that bit where you suggest that Hocking should make way, and Melksham could play run with.

I didn’t like that bit. I think that bit is a little bit silly.

Quoted Post

Yeah... so... that bit where you suggest that Hocking should make way, and Melksham could play run with.

Like it or not something similar will happen the first month or two of the year.

I agree in terms of the best side

I don't look at Ashby, Gleeson or Langford and think that they are particularly quick?

They aren’t slow… but they aren’t Dalgleish, Colyer, Dempsey quick.

I think Ashby is amazing in the air, and particularly prone to a disaster by foot every couple of quarters.

I think Gleeson is a super smart footballer, but he has agility rather than speed.

And Langford I have no real idea about, but he strikes me as a tall kid who knows how to play forward. Not someone I’d consider a real speedster.

Langford is really quick for his height.
Gleeson is pretty sharp.

I don’t really consider Ashby as really quick. He’d be around the mark of Hibberd or Bags I guess, all good mvoers without being lightning.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Yeah... so... that bit where you suggest that Hocking should make way, and Melksham could play run with.

Like it or not something similar will happen the first month or two of the year.

I agree in terms of the best side

Sure… but that’s not making way.

That’s not being available for selection.

Quoted Post

I don't look at Ashby, Gleeson or Langford and think that they are particularly quick?

I think Ashby is amazing in the air, and particularly prone to a disaster by foot every couple of quarters.

I think Gleeson is a super smart footballer, but he has agility rather than speed.

And Langford I have no real idea about, but he strikes me as a tall kid who knows how to play forward. Not someone I’d consider a real speedster.

langford is, the other two are more than respectable and certainly have myers, howlett, hocking, stanton, chappy, BJ, hepp and melk well covered.

I think we’ll go some distance in that direction.
Hawthorn line up with 5 or 6 real speedsters (ISmith Hill Puopolo Cyril Breust Duryea)
Port seemingly about 8 (White Gray Impey Neade Polec Pittard Wingard

We normally line up with just Colyer, Zerrett, Dempsey. And we were outrun a bit too often last year.
So it’s going to happen, we’re going to tilt that balance, and it’s probably at the expense of guys like Howlett, Hocking, Melksham, and even Stanton.

Quoted Post

I think we'll go some distance in that direction. Hawthorn line up with 5 or 6 real speedsters (ISmith Hill Puopolo Cyril Breust Duryea) Port seemingly about 8 (White Gray Impey Neade Polec Pittard Wingard

We normally line up with just Colyer, Zerrett, Dempsey. And we were outrun a bit too often last year.
So it’s going to happen, we’re going to tilt that balance, and it’s probably at the expense of guys like Howlett, Hocking, Melksham, and even Stanton.

Yep, agreed. And for the record, it was the Melksham replacing Hocking thing that really got me to respond to the post, both of those players you’ve mentioned. No way does that happen imo if Hocking is fit.

Anyway… Hocking for me is a lock in the midfield regardless of team speed. He is our best shutdown player and therefore he must play if fit.

The speed issue though I agree with. Howlett is an obvious target. Melksham wasn’t best 22 last year. Stanton is a very tough call (one plenty of EFC supporters seem to like to make) but I can’t see a scenario where (all things being equal) he gets left out for speed. Ditto Myers.

Then what I find is that I’m replacing speed with speed, which doesn’t make a hell of a lot of sense.

I think they’ll start by picking the best quality side and backing them in for 4 weeks, regardless of how quick they are across the park.

Quoted Post

I think we'll go some distance in that direction. Hawthorn line up with 5 or 6 real speedsters (ISmith Hill Puopolo Cyril Breust Duryea) Port seemingly about 8 (White Gray Impey Neade Polec Pittard Wingard

save that you could probably include bags and pig as decent runners you are probably right. LIcha as well also provides that zip. i think myers must be in the under pressure in favour of pace que too. ashby, gleeson, dal, edwards, langford and laverde are the new waive. I’d hope at least 2 possibly 3 are regulars by seasons end.

Ashby, Gleeson and langford are the front runners at this point in time for mine.

bags hurls fletch
hibb hooker demps

cooney watson colyer
tbell hepp zaha

BJ carlisle zerret
langford JD chappy

stanton licha ashby gleeson

is probably about as quick as we could go without totally compromising our contested ball work

I don’t look at Ashby, Gleeson or Langford and think that they are particularly quick?

Can’t believe you blokes are leaving Fletcher out of this

He played (mostly?) on the wing versus Melbourne, though I do remember him taking some kickouts.

or Jobe.

Bags showed he’s pretty damn quick when needed…