#36 Lachlan Johnson - Richmond VFL

We’re gunna cut off your Johnson, Lebowski!

1 Like

Why was he in the JHA? I’m confused. I thought that was for relatives of former Essendon layers only?

1 Like

Bricklayers?

The answer is our Next Generation Academy… whatever that is.

We are getting so good at this, players don’t even have to train with us to get there.

8 Likes

Our Next Generation Academy players are included in the JHA, for a window of time, he was in our zone. And we swooped.

Does anyone know if Chris Johnson is favourable toward this move by us? Surely he would have mixed feelings?

1 Like

He’s fine. His boy stays home.

16 Likes

Anyone got insight into whether this was a planned move, or if it was a fark you for matching our bid for Coleman.

1 Like

Definitely the former

Also could have been bidding on Coleman to force Lions to use up their points and in the end have no picks left to get Johnson late

Richmond also took two of their academy players after that too

3 Likes

2 Likes

Strengths kicking and defensive work.

Praise the lord.

17 Likes

Another player that didnt get a preseason.

I like this selection, this bloke could be anything

1 Like

Loophole to be closed in 3,2,1…

2 Likes

I wonder if we would have taken Prior if the Lions didn’t grab him at 59?

1 Like

are victorian clubs academies like the interstate ones where you have first right of refusal, if you have the pics or points or however this ■■■■ works ?

disregarding the father/son pics obviously.

Well you have to nominate them, which we didn’t in Lachlan’s case. But essentially yeah.

Really excited about this pick.

5 Likes

We interviewed Johnson at the combine, here is the link
https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/lachlan-johnson-2/

4 Likes

So he tore the ACL in June, … so why did I read he was going straight to the LTI list for the WHOLE Season?

Was that in error? He could be ready to play again mid season, … were there complications or something? :thinking: