#36 Lachlan Johnson - Richmond VFL

So he is related to the Johnson brothers, Mark and Jason yeah?

4 Likes

I thought it was July…but your point still stands.
Maybe they’ve decided they’d prefer not to risk him in the second half of next season and he might get more value just training and building his conditioning

1 Like

Poor kid will have a lot of endurance training to cap off his rehab

https://twitter.com/asaplachie/status/1200004750584041474?s=21

Don’t think enough people realise it’s not actually him hahaha

2 Likes

Only brings up his profile

Yep Mark, Jason and Lachie are all Chris’s sons*

*may not be true

2 Likes

The play button doesn’t show but if you press the left corner of the bar it should play

Stop being silly. He’s related to the ■■■■ family, Willy and Brad ■■■■.

This guy since blitz finds his name offensive.

Many confuse the Johnsons and ■■■■■ as being the same, but one is clearly bigger.

1 Like

So was Jackets! I reckon he’s going to be an absolute ripper.

2 Likes

Looks a loose unit! Like!

5 Likes

Earring?

Lachlan Johnson, the son of Brisbane Lions champion Chris Johnson, has revealed the sage advice his dad passed on after he was drafted by Essendon on Thursday. But the new Bomber is set to be sidelined for all of 2020.

Tim Michell , Herald Sun

Don’t waste a minute

Brisbane Lions premiership hero Chris Johnson had that sage advice for his son Lachlan after he was drafted by Essendon with pick 63 on Thursday.

Lachlan will spend his first year as a Bomber in recovery after [suffering a knee injury playing for Scotch College. ]

But he is determined not to squander the opportunity he has to emulate the feats of his father, a three-time premiership player with the Lions.

“He’s said ‘just be very professional’. The diet, the on and off-field type things,” Johnson said.

“Just don’t get caught up with the whole moment. Just be present and stay in the moment.”

Johnson had been prepared to head to Brisbane as a father-son selection before Essendon stole a march on the Lions.

Brisbane was intent on drafting Johnson as a rookie, but the Bombers pounced with their last pick in the national draft.

Essendon draftees Lachlan Johnson, Ned Cahill, Mitch Hibberd, Harrison Jones and Nick Bryan. Picture: Martin Keep/Getty Images.

Essendon said the small forward was “cut from the same cloth” as his dad, who played 264 games for Fitzroy and Brisbane.

The 18-year-old averaged 15 disposals, two marks, seven tackles and 94 ranking points this year in five NAB League matches for Oakleigh Chargers.

Johnson said he aspired to join the pantheon of indigenous players who have played for the Bombers.

“All the indigenous players that have been in here, I’m glad I could be a part of it,” he said. “My name can be there, hopefully, in the future.”

Lachlan Johnson kicks for goal in the NAB League for Oakleigh.

Lachlan Johnson kicks for goal in the NAB League for Oakleigh.

Lachlan’s father Chris played in three premierships with Brisbane.

Lachlan’s father Chris played in three premierships with Brisbane.

Johnson will be placed on Essendon’s inactive list for 2020, allowing the club to sign a replacement while he recovers.

“Then hopefully second year, have the full pre-season in and then hopefully looking good to try to get a couple of games or just put on a good display in the VFL,” he said.

A graduate of Essendon’s James Hird Academy, Johnson was unveiled on his first day of pre-season with fellow draftees Harrison Jones, Nick Bryan, Ned Cahill and Mitch Hibberd.

1 Like

I like his attitude. His old man is a ripping fella tbh, hope the Apple hasn’t fallen to far from the tree

11 Likes

What is Chris doing these days? He’d be a handy coach, particularly in the development areas.

And all Brad’s cousins. They’re all still upset about cousin Owen’s 15 knee reco’s.

1 Like

Coaching, lol.

Where at though? He left the AiS did t he?

He was still playing at Avondale Heights until 3 or 4 years ago.

Yep like that too also Cahill has that kent look about him