#36 Michael Hartley

Hart’s aside from Clarke is actually our tallest available player.

He rucking in the 2’s

It’s a good idea to try and covert him. I want his kicking in the team

4 Likes

We have a choice between competing in the ruck or competing around the ground.

If we choose ruck, Clarke comes in.

If we choose forward / around the ground, Hartley comes in.

2 Likes

I feel like the choice should just be::

Do we want someone who can play football? Yes/No
Yes - Hartley
No (for ■■■■■ and gigs) - Clarke

4 Likes

With Hartley as a Ruckman, We will lose the ruck contests but we add another midfielder. He is phenomenal around the ground.

There is no chance they go with Hartley, ZClarke is playing, he is going to suck and you’re all going to like it.

4 Likes

Only when I’m watching the VFL.

In: Hartley, Stringer (if fit),ZClarke
Out: TBell , Brown (stays in if Stringer isn’t fit). Begley

Hartley (VFL form is excellent). This allows Hooker to go forward. Smack, ZClarke and Hooker to share the ruckwork.

Some say Hartley is too much of a risk. But with Ambrose doubtful we have to give this guy a go as the team is in some trouble without the #ruckman.

Looks like TBell is finished for 2019. Achilles tendon and calf problems. How much are we missing Sam Draper? A huge amount.

hands up who suggested hartley should be trialed as a forward/back up ruck weeks ago??

oh no we couldn’t do that, plus we couldn’t miss the chance to rush daniher back underdone.

now, like said back then, it’d be better to trial it back then to see IF it could work.
now you have very little option in it, and if it doesn’t pan out, you have nothing else to really go with, except with zac clarke.

no doubt he will be given first crack, but if he goes down injured, and he hasn’t been playing alot of vfl footy lately, well then you’re pretty much ■■■■■■.

Why are we assuming that if Hooker plays forward we would bring in Hartley?

I’d much rather blood Zerk-Thatcher for a few games down back. Absolutely no way I’d be playing Hartley next week unless BZT isn’t fit.

I’m by no means Zac Clarke’s biggest fan, but Sinclair next week is hardly a colossus in the ruck. Zlarke can compete there if picked, but if they do go with a Smack/Hooker ruck combo, i’d still prefer to see BZT than Hartley.
The Swans tall forwards this week are Reid, McCartin and Blakey. Perfect opportunity to give BZT a go.

BRING HIM IN !

I’m saying keep Hooker back if possible (especially in the absence of Ambrose).

But break glass and switch Hooker and Hartley if needed.

Bezerk Thatcher doesn’t offer the ruck support we’d need, though I think he’d do alright at either end of an AFL ground.

I vote No for the lols

I’m sure you would JOHN WORSFOLD

3 Likes

I agree, as much as I never wanted to see zlarke in an efc afl jumper ever again. I don’t think we have a choice.

Harts dominates at vfl level but has had multiple chances already. It’s zt time.

Im not against trailing harts in the ruck in the vfl for a couple of weeks to get a look.

Hartley would be a pretty good match up for Reid.

I not sure exactly what the VFL rules are on it, but I’m pretty sure you can’t be on the ground during play.

Appreciate the willingness to get a really close look.

9 Likes

Out injured

Is this the general consensus? I thought Gleeson showed plenty of good signs and was very good considering it was his first game in 2 years

he’s only allowed to do it after a goal haha.

on a serious note, i think the runners are allowed on the ground all the time in the vfl, well it’s looked like it from the streams and tv coverage.

YOU MONSTER