#36 Michael Hartley

showed alot more flexibility than last time he played

He is a great replacement for Hooker in the coming years. I hope we can keep him around that long.

Hooker should be rested this week.

2 Likes

Just a beautiful kick. Love Hurley, but this guys disposal is a big upside and a major offensive weapon. If heā€™s overcome the opponent scragging element of his game when the ball hurtles toward a one on one, heā€™ll be a keeper for sure.

2 Likes

To stay in the side we probably need to play 3 key forwards (Hooker, Brown and Smack).

Not sure if Woosha will do this even though Hooker forward is nearly a must given how successful it has been

Great kick of the footy, distance with no efforting.

That is (was?) just such a major, major downside to his game. Always been able to clunk, always been a beautiful kick but that scragging was infuriating. Hopefully itā€™s kept to a minimum because if it rears itā€™s ugly head again he can go back to the VFL.

1 Like

There was a photo together with Jenkinsā€™s comment about how they couldnā€™t stop usā€¦Harts had a massive hold on Jenkinsā€™s guernsey.

I notice Hartley seems to be a ā€œbig brotherā€ figure for many of the younger players. They seem to be a close-knit bunch and Hartley seems to be at the heart of it. I hope we can keep him around. Not only does he provide good depth but also helps develop our club culture.

9 Likes

I canā€™t remember who, but Someone said that Zerk-Thatcher has been living with the Hartleyā€™s.

Unfortunately Hartley goes back to VFL unless we rest Hooker. Itā€™s sad to see a bloke who is in form omitted but thatā€™s just the result of having a team in form.

Thereā€™s no way you have Hartley in the team if all of Ambrose, Francis, Hooker, McKernan, Brown and a ruckman are in the team. One more and it just gets way too top heavy.

5 Likes

Was it Instagram?

1 Like

Nonsense. 3 tall forwards, 3 tall backs and 1 Ruckman. QED.

Sounds like the title of a sit-com.

(Although no apostrophe required).

0:57

Wtf this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  cooked :joy:

3 Likes

Lol at Bags with ridiculous Bags tan. Surfer. :drooling_face:

gotta be more to it otherwise what the hell hahahah, who wants to be a biscuit.

Would be a poor list decision to let him go. Hartley is durable, whereas the other 3 down there are missing stretches of games for one reason or another. Heā€™s the youngest of the 3 by a couple of years too and is a great role player with some serious weapons. I guess Essendon wonā€™t let him go if they really want him. Feels like Hartley is a pretty loyal bloke and is forever indebted to the EFC for giving him a second chance and may very well say to Dodoro (providing the club want him) heā€™s happy to bide his time. If so, he could very well be holding down CHB / FB in Essendonā€™s 150th year celebrations / premiership year in 2022. Itā€™s not beyond the realms this selling point is being used by Dodoro in player retention or trade?

2 Likes

Imagine GC offer him 250K, or 400K if you bring Tippaā€¦

We all love Hooker, Hurls and all the backs, but at times tall opposition forwards get hold of us. I think Harts will develop into a really effective stopper of big forwards given his spoiling ability, at AFL level.
I want to see him play on 3mpeter.
He might be our 5th element.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe he is not named in the starting 18ā€¦WTAF

1 Like