#36 Michael Hartley

Really looking forward to seeing him develop again this year. Was outstanding last season. Just about the Best fist in the comp

IMO he’s deep within the borderline.

Really looking forward to seeing him develop again this year. Was outstanding last season. Just about the Best fist in the comp

Don’t tell the Germans.

Don’t tell the Germans.

Wie bitte?

I am going to have to stop following Tegan Lightbody on instagram. Way to many impure thoughts.

1 Like

FIST HARTS

1 Like

This guys spoiling is elite. Gibson like in his prime, but he’s not a ■■■■■■! Plus his kicking is a weapon.

Don’t frig around with not naming him like we did in the preseason. Set and forget. He’s dependable and should be set for another successful year

The problem is he doesn’t use it. I agree, it’s a weapon. That 1-2 handpass with McGrath he mucked up shouldn’t have happened because he should have stepped onto his right and chiselled a ball inside 50.

1 Like

A bit more confidence in himself to not take the safest option is going to make him a much better player. A few more clunks instead of spoils, a few more roosts instead of 2m handballs.

4 Likes

A question to some posters here who scroll through opposition forums - are Collingwood supporters spewing that Hartley is thriving as one of our main key position players?

He was with them for a long period given he was a NSW scholarship player and I believe he was mostly injured in his time on their list. But surely they would know better than most, the talent this guy had and that he was worth extra patience. Would easily be in their best 22 and they chose to delist him. It’s a massive burn.

2 Likes

One of the few defenders that we have that will ensure that he KILLS a contest if he knows he can’t win it.

Best spoiler we have had since Fletch by far.

Could be a champion if he continues to develop.

Also doesn’t have a football robot personality as well that we have become accustomed to over recent years. He sure is a loose knacker!

2 Likes

I just had a bit of a search. They’re pretty balanced in their assessment actually - said he was either unfit of injured when on their list, and pretty happy too see him play well elsewhere. They see it as a bit of a one-who-got-away, but are pragmatic about it given his run of injuries.

2 Likes

In a in interview he pretty much said he never would have made it at Collingwood. Thought he was the next best thing because of his scholarship so was never in the right head space. Getting delisted and playing for Coburg meant he had to pull his head in.

4 Likes

And that’s the reason why I tend not to lament players that leave EFC and play elsewhere, particularly if they play well. It’s often as you describe, the kick up the backside they needed, IMO.

1 Like

NEEDS TO BOMB IT MORE

1 Like

Needs to start taking some marks rather than just spoiling everything. But he’s been a seriously good addition to our side.

Three decades of big-kicking full-backs (Daniher Fletcher Hartley). And it may actually be the most dangerous nowadays: BOOM, Raz first back and goal.

1 Like

He seems reluctant to hit the big kick now with Hurley back.

I want to see him unload to a Goddard on the wing who then delivers to a running tippa!

1 Like

Its potentially a serious weapon if the opposition press up too much and we can get Raz/Tippa out the back.
I am a little disappointed. Clearly he is instructed to always kick short to better than a 50/50, so we reduce back half turnovers. The further we kick it, the closer it gets to 50/50 or worse.

I’d imagine it’s about spreading zones so you can pick your way through. By going sideways at half back you can create space in the corridor to bring the ball back into.