#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Lav too. Lost count the number of times that crab thomson had him in a bear hug.

Letā€™s not forget that a few of Cunningtonā€™s disposals were when Clarke wasnā€™t on him. I remember commentators having a go at Merrett for not going with Cunnington at a boundary throw in where Clarke had gone off. There was another where Langford was on him too. Clarke not only stopped the possessions, but the ones he did have were ineffective.

3 Likes

Dylan Clarke played his role and did what was asked of him. He needs to stay and play.

The person who may need to give up his place is Fantasia he is carrying an injury and simply cannot perform at his best. Bring in Snell in the meantime and give him a shot at the big time.

Iā€™m usually ropeable that we dont do it more often considering the best teams constantly scrag and skirt the rules.

2 Likes

Another good game.

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

He stays so focused. When players hit him and push him he doesnā€™t react at all. Just stairs at the ball and his man.

2 Likes

Rising Star

6 Likes

Unsigned.

The question is for a young guy who looked a potential delisting some weeks ago and making his way as a tagger, do you offer 2 or 3 or more years to lock this guy away?

And @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS?

2 Likes

I always thought they were the same person.

1 Like

Definitely offer him 2 years on improved coin. With the delistings/retirements due at seasonā€™s end we should be able to more than accomodate that.

You may be confusing me with my other account, @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS

3 Likes

Mentioned this in another thread but we have a swag of players unsigned beyond this season. Parish, Walla, Francis, Myers and Redman among them. Think only Ambrose has signed an extension this year?

Unfortunately weā€™re struggling to lose games recently. Doesnā€™t provide the ideal window to announce an extension.

20 Likes

I was at the game thanks mate. I watch every week and VFL.

Iā€™m expecting a flurry of announcements when we are mathematically ineligible for the finals or, god forbid, smashed in yet another elimination final.

Iā€™ve been pretty circumspect about this kid, to be honest I didnā€™t think heā€™d play another AFL game and in all likelihood be delisted at the end of the year. However he has become a really nice addition to our mix. Love his size and overall defensive work around the ball. I can see him legitimately developing into a real player, defensively focused but still able win ball (he reads the ball nicely and has good hands) and have an offensive side. Very exciting and shows the only way to really know if a kid can play at the level is to give them a crack.

3 Likes

He is a key reason why we have won 5 from our last 6.

Whoever convinced Worsfold he had to play a tagger needs a gold medal.

Without the Cameron Ling style tagging effort (huge strength, huge engine an ability to win own ball, all with an awkward looking kicking style) we would not have beaten Carlton (Cripps), Sydney (Parker), North (Cunnington) and possibly Hawthorn (Oā€™Meara) through the last 6 weeks.

1 Like

Iā€™d be surprised if Myers doesnā€™t retire.
The 5 most important signings are:

Parish
Francis
Draper
Redman
Walla

Thatā€™s a lot of important signings to sort out before the end of the year. Hopefully most of them are done and dusted and they;re just waiting for a good time to do it.

There is also Guelfi, Clarke, Brown and Mynott who I think should all be given at least another year.

All of the other uncontracted players have uncertain futures imo. Some will stay, but not sure who.
Iā€™ll be interested to see if they extend Snelling.

2 Likes