#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Not sure if you guys understand the rising star rules:

First you have to have a great game and get ignored

Then you have to have another great game and get ignored

Then you have to be just a little above average for a while

Then you have a bit of an average game

AND THEN you get nominated

14 Likes

Oddly enough, I think he’d be an even better matchup for Tom Mitchell, maybe next year.

Hawthorn don’t really have an over reliance on any midfielder to win the ball, so Clarke will probably be given a head2head on Worplesdon.

You forgot the step where BT gives you a nickname

1 Like

Or you have play for FCFC and the AFL needs something to sell to their supporters.

1 Like

Laughed when he kicked it back to a defender as the safe option. Defender, not sure who it was butchered it 10m wide of someone on the switch.

1 Like

Brendon lee, muscles marigliani and Sam lonergan all loved the contest. Doesn’t mean they were great afl footballers.

2 Likes

Lonergan will forever be an Essendon legend for that Carrazzo tackle/smashing

25 Likes

Feels like that game was the last time we genuinely beat Carlton at the g.

Rising star nomination would be a great reward for a great all round performance, arguably our most important player today. So happy to see him get reward for effort and hopefully can cement he’s spot for the near future. Been screaming out for this type of player, who’d have thought we had one in the twos :man_facepalming:

1 Like

If only @theDJR had said something

6 Likes

11 Likes

I reckon he goes to JOM next. Like Cripps Hawthorn have been struggling a little in recent weeks now that he’s been tagged heavily.

2 Likes

Hurley as usual

1 Like

*red marks are players with nominations already

Sydney Stack will win the nomination this round. Surprised he hasn’t got one already.

And he even then, the panel will want to see more than just one game. Someone like Jordan Clark might have a better chance right.

Dylan will need to back it up against the Hawks when conditions won’t be as ideal for him.

2 Likes

O’Meara next

1 Like

He plays for Launceston now and is a blue.

I’m sure I’ve made a point there somewhere

It was a Cameron Ling type performance.

3 Likes

Maybe stack gets the nom when they win.

1 Like

Has to be our man. Surely. He made the competitions best player look like a potato to go along with 10 tackles. Shouldn’t be a discussion. Omeara will be a tougher test, a lot more leg speed and spread

Based on that game alone I’d have to give it to Clark considering who he played on plus the 10 tackles

I do understand though that they’d wanna see more then one good game.

Outstanding game regardless

1 Like