#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

You got that…out of that?

:joy:

The mind works in mysterious ways

2 Likes

5 game milestone against Sydney next weekend.

Pervert!

Yeah…probably a bit guilty of that.

:joy:

1 Like

And Cunnington the week after

Has to go to Parker and then Cunnington next week.

Perfect matchups for him

1 Like

Essendon using a tagger on a week to week basis ?
Unheard of for over 3 years

It’s great. One of the many reasons why we are 3 from 4

2 Likes

Nah, he’s better than Myers on the inside. Knows how to get his hands free and release to advantage

5 Likes

He’s better than Myers in every facet of the game bar kicking the ball far

2 Likes

To the pelicans who like to focus on the negatives about his kicking - it’s like sandpapering my eyes reading that inane cr@p…

In the 4 games played, Clarke averages 2 clangers per match. Same as Zaka, Parish and McGrath. Then we have Zac, Hep and Shiel averaging 4. Think Clarke is doing ok, especially when looking at his overall output…

• 18 possies (7 K, 11 HB
  • 79% disposal efficiency
  • 8 contested P’s
  • 10 uncontested
  • 2 score involvements
  • 3 marks
  • 7 tackles
  • 4 clearances
  • x3 i 50
  • x1 rebound 50

Works his butt off, is strong and is an integral part of the 22. As people have stated, he’s been a significant part of Essendon’s revival (if we can call it that)

15 Likes

I’m not worried about his kicking; it is what it is.

He makes up for it in other areas. Plus most inside mids are below average kicks

I’m worried that Woosha will drop him this week. Not super effective last week and Myers playing well in the VFL. Must win game.

I hope like hell I’m wrong but can see it happening.

I didn’t think Myers was that good.

Surely he will want to keep changes to a minimum given that we have hit some form as a team.

Seems like good team balance

1 Like

You know how people are saying that Zlarke is a “break glass in case of emergency” option.

Well I see Myers the same way. We are in no way anywhere near having an emergency in the midfield. Well, beyond wanting them to be better. Myers isn’t the solution to that though.

David is doing an exceptional job in the VFL. He is every chance of winning a VFL flag in that team. It wouldn’t be a bad way to go out in my opinion.

Ditto Baguley.

7 Likes

The only way Woosh will give Myers another game in the AFL is if David elects to omit himself from the VFL side.

3 Likes

Didn’t he come second in the kicking challenge at the combine?

Only brief glimpses but Clarke has shown that when he drifts forward he’s capable of taking a mark above his head and at least provide a target.

Myers has had over 100 games to show anything outside his typical inside role that he doesn’t even do that well.

Clarke is the future.

3 Likes

Dont look at stats - Watch games and Kennedy is struggling to cover any ground.