#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

7-1

2 Likes

He is more than 6ft tall, strong as an ox and is actually not slow. Wait till he has 50 games under his belt. Other sides will be tagging him.

5 Likes

I like everything this bloke has brought to the side.

Except that haircut.

Itā€™s a shocker and not sensible at all.

6 Likes

I have to agree. Heā€™s clearly strong, but just looking at him, Iā€™ve always thought he doesnā€™t look that big.

1 Like

ā€œShave those sideburns!!ā€

2 Likes

Shithouse.
But heā€™s got nothing on the Captain.
That being said with the volume
of heart both of those lads are currently playing with they could run out in Pricilla wigs and I wouldnā€™t care.

2 Likes

How good was his possession goes Zerretts last goal. Clean pick up, kept his head up, seats away Sloane tackle, nice delivery. Just looked so composed.

1 Like

Then they need to start paying more than drachmas for their recruiting teams.

He is probably best suited to David Swallow or Brodie (who picked up an injury).

Fiorini is probably their best midfielder accumulator although I couldnā€™t tell you where he plays.

Jarrod Witts is in good form through the ruck so heā€™ll have the clear advantage regardless of whom we throw at him so our midfield will need to be at their best.

We need to win and lift our percentage to give ourselves a good chance at a home final.

Fiorini is a wing.

1 Like

Every week when I rewatch the goals I see Clarke involved way more than I would expect of someone who is labelled as a tagger. He just seems to know how to affect the contest in whatever way he can. Hold his opponent off the ball here, take the tackle and fire a handball there. Do whatever is needed to advantage the team.

7 Likes

A good inside mid who knows how to contain his opponent. Iā€™m not unhappy with the role heā€™s playing. Inside mids donā€™t need to be see ball, get ball. They just need to impact the contest and create for the Shiel and Merrett types.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he regarded as a first round pick in his year but slipped the pecking order due to his kicking?

For a bloke that many say canā€™t kick heā€™s actually not bad, awkward style but if it works for him then so be it.

Not a bad bargain on our end to nab him in the back end of the draft.

4 Likes

Kicking and off-field doubts were the concerns, I believe. But he was always good for a goal or two.

Edit- Dylan is a perfect human being and donā€™t let anyone tell you otherwise.

2 Likes

Off field doubts? What could they possibly have been? Hasnā€™t he always been a very hard worker?

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry, wrong thread, whooops -Though we were talking SPP.

1 Like

Happy to be corrected here Blitz.

But as I see it, basically Clarke has been most effective when applying a heavy tag approach during stoppage situations.

He is then playing regular team defense in transition and open play. He has the tank to do that.

So basically I think why Woosha is saying he isnt just tagging but playing a role is that he isnā€™t just following his man all day, the club is selecting the main stoppage threat and Clarke is 100% focussed in that area specifically. I think an exception was Kelly and that tag didnā€™t really work. Thatā€™s not to say he isnā€™t following his man in open play but certainly he seems to be balancing the stoppage (individual tag) vs open play (team defense) very well because of his elite endurance.

Anybody else notice this?

1 Like

Iā€™m more than happy with him tagging for the time being but I think he has the potential to be a 30 possession a game inside mid with another season or two under his belt and he will look back on his career more fondly if he is known for that rather than as a tagger,

2 Likes

Yes, he doesnā€™t spend the whole game on the player he is stopping, sometimes he transitions so that he stays more middle focused.

Iā€™d be quite happy if he continues to tag on a regular basis (not necessarily every week) and can up his disposal average to about 20 (about 16 at the moment). I donā€™t think he needs to do much more than that. That would be a huge contribution. Iā€™m also not sure we want him getting 30 possessions too often because his disposal simply isnā€™t damaging enough

2 Likes