#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Any thought that he’s “the solution” to our inside mid issues this year is unfair to the kid. He is coming along nicely in his development, and I think the signs are good that he will be very handy at the stoppage in the seniors soon enough, but I dont see him being an instant wonder. I think he could definitley be a handy addition in the seniors now as he would make the stoppage ball a contest really well, but I think he needs a split second more worth of composure with his handball, and then he could be the bloke regularly feeding it out to the advantage of Zerrett, Andy and the like.

2 Likes

Agree, I think a couple of games this year at AFL level might help him to realise some of the things you highlighted. Perhaps they are already known within the club but it would be good motivation to keep hitting the gym and building strength. Definitely needs to be played as a mid though.

He does but he still has heaps more room to grow in size, agree with HM on this but I’d still play him in the seniors to help him get used to the tempo

2 Likes

He is not going to walk into the seniors and kill it, or even do something like Guelfi did. But it will be good for him long term to get a game soon, and just learn what is needed.
The Melbourne game is the obvious one, given Myers injury history and the 4 day break.

3 Likes

Not sure why he can’t replicate his form at AFL level. He has excellent endurance, a great attack on the footy and a good craft at stoppages. All of that is AFL transferable.

4 Likes

Hope he gets a few games in the seniors this year

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has said he is the solution this year. But a few games won’t hurt (eg the Melbourne game when Myers needs a spell)

3 Likes

Unless of course we lose that game, then this place will melt down over our cavalier approach at selection and thinking we could just turn up and win.

7 Likes

Guelfi was solid in the VFL, not a standout. They picked him in the AFL and he was solid.
We will not know if Clarke can transpose is game to AFL level until he plays.

The coaches are hesitant, but I think Clarke will debut next weekend.

4 Likes

BRING!

1 Like

Please bring him in

2 Likes

Isn’t it our current formula after a ■■■■ performance?! Bring in a debut?!

1 Like

BROUGHT?

HIM?

HIM

Jinx / Snap

1 Like

Reckon he and Mutch will be emergencies. When blokes actually debut, the club normally makes a big deal about it on the Thursday.

3 Likes

They may genuinely not know yet given the short turnaround.

1 Like

It’s a real shame if they don’t.

The club needs to start forgetting about the PR and start focusing on the field.

2 Likes

Damn, that’s a good point.