#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

He looked very poised. I think he will be bloody close to playing round 1. Durham may get the edge due to the grunt factor but Martin looks close.

Will be a very popular SC pick!

It was funny how the commentator was sure we were only going to pick one player and then a few hours later it’s announced both have been signed up. Mind you I did enjoy how biased the commentary was.

I rewatched the last quarter and Martin was actually really good. I feel like this is a really good pick up and he is going to be a quality player as he has all the attributes. 9 disposals in the one quarter he played.

4 Likes

He looked like he belonged.

3 Likes

He was also playing in a different position than what he seems to have been training as. He’s a poor man’s version of Langford.

The Martin.

1 Like

Congratulations to young Nick Martin, making every post a winner. Early days but there is a lot to like already, and he is really yet to get started. Cannardly wait until he cuts loose on the big stage, and kicks a bag.

Two great pick ups.

5 Likes

A Nick Martin from Perth who might be worth a shot.

It’s so unusual that you get a pure footballer picked in these types of spots.

Pure footballer.

Like.

Go well mate.

8 Likes

He reminds me so much of a young Langford it’s crazy. Has that giraffe like, rubbery movement and seems to have similar strengths too. Crazy.

1 Like

Any highlights of him from the practice match?

Very impressive and with speed. His inclusion on the list, with Tex, makes it very difficult for Waterman to be in the firsts. With great depth on our list compared to last year, the VFL looks much much better. If not in the firsts from the beginning, Martin and Tex will destroy the opposition in the VFL. Won’t be long before he is in the AFL.

2 Likes

Interesting comment on Waterman, it seems to me the slower tank body player is on the way out in favour of a fast runner with endurance. Martin looks like a prototype small/medium forward. I think you might be right.

1 Like

There was that dropped mark which Smith took and kicked the goal.

In all seriousness, no standout highlights, but nearly everything he did was good.

1 Like

Dumb question I know but, is Nick indigenous? Somewhere in the recesses I keep thinking he is

30 Likes

Love his side step in the last.

1 Like

Got he and Perkins mixed up a couple of times. Similar build and both have a nice side step. This guy looks a one touch player and as others have said the Footy IQ looks to be high. Both lads demanded those list spots and well done to the club for rewarding effort and obvious talent. Who is this new Essendon who keep making these smart decisions?

7 Likes

inaudible acclamations

4 Likes

Just looks like he “has it” a true natural so happy we took both he and Tex

WTF was Hind doing from the 0.26 -0.28 sec mark???

5 Likes