3rd Annual BB BBQ Intraclub. It's ended! Photos up! - Planning for 4th begins. TBC

#spicewars.

Need DJR to provide a review

there only onions with spice, cooked slowly.

Looking forward to sampling BSD’s saucepan-o-coffee™ again. When he wheeled it out a coupla years ago I thought “you’ve gotta be kidding” and then I tried it and had to admit it was pretty good in an okayish sort of way.

Soulnet, great work, will PM you to make it official.

1 Like

Hmm, I have been thinking about having a crack at making some homemade harissa…

2 Likes

I see a movie here. Simply Bar Be Que.
Jamie Oliver playing coldblood
Gordon Ramsay playing hambo
or the other way round
“Choose your Tongs Gentlemen”
Gas On
Now cook.

Never been to the new training facilities and dare say it’s time.
Can I ask, do they allow patrons on either of the 2 ovals for ‘kick to kick’ before or after the Intra Club ?

bltn Jnr has signed up to play his first season of u15’s footy and will want to practice his kicking.

You are more than welcome on the Etihad size oval as long as there are not players on there (sometimes when they are).

The properties team may cut off a hand if you go on the MCG sized oval though… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is this annual BB barby always around this date and time of the year? I want to be able to make it down and participate. Next year I’ll black out that week as unavailable for anything else.

Generally it’s around this time, whenever we can get access to an intra club training session. First one was a Wednesday, last year was a Friday.

Normally people tell me they’d love to come but work gets in the way!

Can’t win :smiley:

3 Likes

Update!

27 confirmed!

Flying home early next week. l was going to aim for a training session somewhere, either to or from Tulla.Looks like l better squeeze in this date, as l have no idea when l will get the chance to attend one of these again n the future. I better try for the family day as well the week after for the same reason. Let me have a day or two more to get my days sorted out, before l fully commit.

4 Likes

When I first saw that date my eyes lit up, finally no work and I can attend and meet all you crazies “ahem” people. Then on re-read my heart sank, I’m away that day.

You do a fantastic job with this and I reckon you’ll still get a bigger turnout than ever before with a weekend.

2 Likes

I thought the reason you lived outside Australia was due to you being wanted by the Federal Police?

Sssssh!
Really just flying in for the snags.

19 people confirmed at this stage!

1 Like

Keen to come! Happy to bring whatever is still needed

Still need someone to bring the 5kg’s of Eye fillet, … don’t we Soulnet?? :smirk:

1 Like

Keen to know @wimmera1 what sort of bacon you doing?

This is some kind of next level sausage size if there’s bacon to be had.

I was just planning to grab some from Rainbow Meats butchers.
I don’t actually have a butcher, so if anyone has some proper recommendations…

Edit: Actually, this is only 11 minutes away from me, so, new plan.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/agribusiness/australias-best-bacon-awarded-at-australian-bacon-week/news-story/b990aa651128b8819ce53552fee5039d