3rd Annual BB BBQ Intraclub. It's ended! Photos up! - Planning for 4th begins. TBC

Can do ice
How many bags?

One bag should suffice. If you have an esky to put it in that would be great too.

No one is bringing drinks at this stage. Maybe it’s a good idea to BYO then we don’t need cups!

Can do.

1 Like

It’s pretty relaxed. As Catherine Lio said, the main oval is restricted but the Etihad oval is great for a kick to kick. Generally you should wait till the players have cleared off, but even then as long as you apply common sense nobody seems to mind.

Nice.

There a product called Peter Boucher I think, stocked in some good delis. They do an aged thin and crispy bacon. I legit OD’d on it one morning over Xmas. Incredible stuff, prolly not for sharing tho

For those who cannot attend… there is a live stream of the intra-club game being played on this day.

1 Like

My brother and I would love to come, PM sent.

I hope there is a livestream of the BBQ as well!!

Spoiler… they don’t mention any BBQ live streaming. Can’t help but think they’ve missed an opportunity.

Essendon fans will get their first look at the 2018 squad during the intra-club match on Saturday February 10th.

This will be the first opportunity to see new recruits such as Adam Saad, Devon Smith and Jake Stringer as well as draftees including Matt Guelfi in match simulation.

Fans are encouraged to arrive at The Hangar from 9am before the intra-club takes place between 10am-12pm.

There will be plenty of activities during the day with a special appearance from Skeeta, kids’ activities including inflatable courses and Bomber Shop HQ will be open for all your 2018 apparel needs.

Can’t make it to the intra-club match? The game will be LIVE streamed on essendonfc.com.au from 10am so you don’t miss a moment of the action.

Key event details:

When: Saturday February 10th
Where: The Hangar, 275 Melrose Drive, Melbourne Airport
Time: 9am – 1pm

9am – 1pm: Bomber Shop HQ
10am – 12pm: Intra-club
Key notes:

Mainstream media and photographers will be present throughout the event
Skeeta will be in attendance for fans to be able to get any photographs or autographs throughout the day
Parking is available at United Airport Parking (4-6 Trade Park Drive, Tullamarine), charges apply.

1 Like

Would love to attend but have a pre-booked birthday party I have to attend.

Can anyone recommend a good free spot to park somewhat near EFC Headquarters.
A 10-15min walk is fine in order to avoid exorbitant parking fees.
Rather spend that money in the BomberShop !

Should be enough free parking at the ground if you’re not super late.

(I haven’t done it but it looks practical.)

1 Like

Important Update!

Please be aware given the event is now on during an EFC event as well the top area is going to be roped off and you can only come up if you are on the guest list.

If you wish to come along please pm me with your details so you’ll be given access.

Ideally please let me know by Friday at 4pm so I can pass on who is attending to the club.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Edit

While I remember, also bring sunscreen! If you have a look at the above you can get rather burnt!

Hi Soulnet, I’d love to register my interest to come a long on Saturday, My name is Simon and my fathers name is Mario, I hope to see you there.

I tried to PM, But that function doesn’t seem to work for me yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could someone please tell me is this BB BBQ on around he same time every year?

I know I am getting in early but I want to black my diary out for next year.

1 Like

wish i could get to it as it is my birthday. the old body doesn’t bounce back too quickly nowadays after hospital visits

3 Likes

Similar week. Could be a weekday, this time a weekend.

1 Like

I can bring plastic cups?

You can.

It seems to be BYO drinks though (or buy your own from the cafeteria downstairs).