Former #4 Jobe Watson

The club did an exclusive framed merchandise piece that included a replica medal and a couple of signed photos of Jobe. It’s probably that.

I hope it’s the actual Brownlow. ■■■■ the police.

2 Likes

I hope it’s a chocolate Brownlow wrapped in gold foil.

1 Like

I hope the one in Gils drawer is a replica of a foil-wrapped chocolate replica, made with Jobe’s… errrr… “leavings”.

There was one in the fwd line too, he was 2 on one in a marking contest, when he went up for the mark he could he wasn’t going to take it and adjusted his hands to make sure it spilled out to our player to the front left of himself. Resulted in a goal for us too. Couple of very clever plays.

The dumb commentators didn’t pick up on it and said it was luck that it spilled out to our player… Luck my ■■■■…

5 Likes

“I ain’t retired yet!”

3 Likes

Harding’s laptop screen is shattered.

must’ve been after the lions loss.

1 Like

i don’t know how anybody could have doubted Jobe all year. It’s like he dropped of from elite brownlow medalist champion of the game and club, to just an A grade midfielder, and people lose their godamned minds.

1 Like

My biggest concern was that his kicking seemed terribly off, missed some dead easy ones. But that touch seems to have come back.

On the commentators missing the directed spill from marking contest those fox guys seem overwhelmingly to attribute any good bomber play to something other than merit. When zaka kicked our 3rd (?) goal one of them said as they were going to the first replay that he only got it because he’d “stayed down after the marking contest for at least 8 seconds” (or similar), as though his laziness lucked an easy goal. Then they show the replay, zaka gets spoiled, lands awkwardly-sprawled from the contact, bounces straight up, grabs the ball, accelerates away with a great second effort and slots a tough shot. Some weird grudges going on in there. Maybe he meant 0.8 seconds…

5 Likes

Or they’re mostly just a pack of arseclowns who don’t really have a clue.

5 Likes

Jobe to be rested this game. He’ll come back refreshed.

1 Like

Really liked Jobe’s game yesterday.

a few things stood out to me:

a. He was very vocal - giving out instructions and showing leadership - his chat w Joe, saw him running on to the field towards the ball-up and directing Darcy exactly where to go…

b. He has taken a liking to the underground/bounce pass handball - thought probably being it is a lower-risk pass in congestion than a chest-high one when chopped off becomes a very quick turnover. he pulled it off a few times yesterday when the alternatives would have been a turnover or an intentional OOB.

c. alot of tap-ons. he had 2 clearances yesterday without registering a possie IIRC. He pulled off a beauty last game as well to set up a kick on goal. His speed and length of his kick may have diminished but his brain and 360deg awareness haven’t gone anywhere.

d. He’s still, by a country mile, our best in and under mid - whether it’s extracting the tough ball, blocking the opp mid from extracting it or slowing it down, positioning his body in the right place to make an impact…

12 Likes

e. he’s still hot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mrs Fox agrees !

2 Likes

that sounds to me like Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball for her birthday, with the initials H.S.

A mere shadow of his former self.

1 Like

Trying hard, but I think he’s done. Unfortunately. Will always be a champion of this club for me.

3 Likes

If he’s to retire, which he should because we can all see he doesn’t have another year in him, I hope he announces it this week and gives us the chance to celebrate a wonderful career for the next few weeks if he’s selected

3 Likes

I honestly reckon a send off match against Carlton, then pull the pin, is the best possible scenario from here.

9 Likes