Former #4 Jobe Watson

He’s more cooked than Priddis and Mitchell.

We love him but he’s completely done.

5 Likes

With finals in the grasp and still a possibility, they won’t do it like that. I agree with you but the club won’t

Just come out like priddis did and say your done at seasons end

2 Likes

Love you jobe but times up :frowning:

1 Like

He made some pretty bad mistakes. For those watching at home, what was his work like in close? Gets lost a bit at the ground.

Jobe would know he is done at the end of the year.

2 Likes

He’d know he’s done right now.

1 Like

Had a feeling this topic would be near the top tonight. It’s so criminally unfair what’s happened to this guy. Had his prime years (and Brownlow) torn away from him & destroy his football soul in the process. Today was an epiphany of sorts, he’s never been quick but he’s found out horribly in transition & doesn’t seem to have the ball winning ability in close that he once did. He found the right spots to link up several times today but blundered the decision or disposal. Unfortunately I think his time is up.

7 Likes

That one in the middle where he didn’t give the handball and got caught stone cold was literally the moment you knew yep, it’s all over jobe

:frowning:

15 Likes

And a big momentum changer in the last.

He would know right? Not sure what all the fuss is, he will know it’s time and do what is right for him and the club. He has shown amazing judgement and poise his whole career, when lesser people would have crumbled. Why doubt him now?

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, it’s an out and out tragedy.

Fark the saga.

2 Likes

Give him a fkn steak

3 Likes

:anguished:

Love him but this is his last year. His heart is there, the body is not. I hope guys like Mutch can come in and have a few games of learning the ropes from Jobe.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. I think in his heart of hearts he would know & make the right call. He’s put the club first in everything he’s done, this’ll be no different. I just feel so horribly sad for him for what I previously mentioned. Obviously I think he gets to choose when/how he does it, he’s more than earned that.

Yep WOB, had the same thought at the same time.

1 Like

I’m glad for the career we’ve been able to witness.
He is one of the best leaders the club has ever had (and that’s saying something given who has led this club in the past and where he came from in his first three or four years).

What I am most happy about is that he seems to have found an inner peace away from footy. I remember the interview he had three years ago when he said the love for the game was gone (and I wouldn’t begrudge him for saying it). In his year away, he’s found a way to enjoy other things in life and found that he doesn’t need to be consumed by the AFL grind.

If he didn’t have much to look forward too after footy, then I thought he may stay on that extra year too long. I’m confident he’ll make the right decision and enjoy a few years away from footy.

4 Likes

Has been a champion but the club has to make the decision now

We all love Jobe but boy oh boy he’s done. If it wasn’t for Colyer…oh and Laverde…oh and Hooker…Jobe would be the worse player in the team

1 Like

and Myers

1 Like

and Baguley

1 Like