#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Exactly, his round one game was good but certainly nothing outstanding, did only what would be expected. The next week he didn’t back it up, Myers is strong around the ball, CONSISTANTLY he brings other players into the game with his body work and positioning around the ball. We are severely lacking in this department when he doesn’t play.

We need big body’s that can plough through and pave a path, and protect the your young lighter mids. Langford is not providing that. If you don’t drop Langford, to get Myers in. Who do you drop in our midfield?

1 Like

Assuming he doesn’t know and understand what they’re doing with him. He might have completely bought in and be trying to make the next steps.

Is the any sense he’s annoyed?

Myers was in the 60s and 70s percent game time all of last year

1 Like

Who do you drop then?

No one. You don’t bring Myers in.

11 Likes

The irony of skipworth dropping a non-accumulating midfielder…

I for one think that young players should have a little more leeway in terms of meeting on field KpI’s. Especially players like Langford who aren’t getting consistent game time and learning a new role.

But if it is like you say about meeting team kpi’s then I would question our kpi’s in general. We underperform across a lot of important areas and have done so for a long time.

I’m no Langford fan and I was livid with his performance last week. But I would have persisted with him for this week. Players (especially young players) can have an off week, and I thought a few weeks is fair to give him a proper run at things.

Too soft. He’s got the skills and size, he’s just soft. Imagine if he had little Will Hams intensity.
Myers is slow, one sided and can’t mark but he’s tough; he blocks, tackles and contests which is why he’s straight in and Langford is straight out.

11 Likes

I miss little willy. He was a real go getter

1 Like

And I wouldn’t blame his manager if he told him no club wants a slow unaccountable inconsistent tall midfielder

2 Likes

Too soft for what?

If he is in direct competition with Myers then I would question the coaching panel not Langford.

He is clearly a different type of mid so I am baffled as to why being tough is a prerequisite to play a midfield role and especially at a young age.

I would actually like to see stats that give me any sort of indication that Myers is effective at anything against an AFL benchmark.

1 Like

You keep saying this. Why not put your cards on the table and give it both barrels wimm style

2 Likes

I’m curious.

Oh really, dahrling!

1 Like

I wish I could, but this is one case where I definitely can’t. Sorry.

1 Like

Hmmmppphh

Skipworth not about bruise free footy?

1 Like

Just for info.
They play rather differently, I suppose.

1 Like

Gonna ask a round about question. How would you feel if skipworth was head coach?