#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Suicidal

1 Like

Lol

Yeah, that tells me nothing.

My real question is why Myers is our only true inside mid I’d Wooshas game plan requires it?

Myers would struggle to get games at all other clubs.

Because we don’t have anyone better?

We’ve tried for the mid gun in recent times, without success. And others haven’t come on. So we have options of using people out of position, or using below-optimum older players. There’s a lot we don’t know, which makes things even more confusing.

Woosha will work it all out, hey, Deckham?:wink:

Stop asking me.
I ain’t gonna tell ya.

1 Like

But there is always opportunity to pick pure inside mids better than Myers.

Jack Steele is an example or even Koby Stevens. That’s just off the top of my head but I’m sure there is plenty more.

Myers is approaching the end of his career and is injury prone. Is Langford really our option?

If so we do need to question our direction.

1 Like

They hope Clarke will develop, and I think they’d also like Mutch to develop from outside to inside, and They recruited Stringer to play inside as well.

1 Like

Mutch definitely & LAV possibly also options

Begley as well in planning, needs time actually midfielder’n so hopefully he does so this weekend.

We will also be into Sloane big time and Wines and anyone else out there

I like Clarke and I agree Mutch has to play inside because I don’t see him making it outside.

They are all long term prospects and that’s including Stringer.

I don’t follow the usual rhetoric that you need a bull so I still can’t understand why Myers and Langford are in direct competition.

If they are as it seems then we have failed in our list management because only Myers can play that role and he is average at best and always injured.

We sure plan ahead…

They’re working on fairy tales then. Worst kick of his draft, might happen, years away from being what we need now.

If we are comparing Clarke’s kicking to Myers then we should be fine.

In fairness we’ve had some pretty big hurdles in recent years to get past in regards to bringing in players.

We tried with plenty but couldn’t get them over and why would they. Things obviously started to turn around for us end of last year trade wise.

I think Myers kicking has been broken by injury. Clarke just had a horrible action. Think markelle fultz after his shoulder injury. But that’s his natural motion.

Inside mids are plentiful in drafts.

Clarke would be our only legitimate one that I can think of.

Myers action is not the problem.

It’s his decision making.

Reckon we’ll chase Sloane hard. But also think Wines will stay at Port.

2 Likes

Too soft to be a midfielder and due to a massive lack of pace, a wingman or flanker. His AFL career is clearly at the crossroads as a result; the good news is that what he needs
to fix is between the ears so he can easily dictate his own destiny by the choices he makes.

As for Myers; he probably isn’t AFL benchmark but he’s 49372037248202 times better than Langford at the moment.

1 Like

I think you missed the point of my question.

I do look forward to that percentage increase this week as that should easily see us dominate midfield.

You asked what he was too soft for, I’m saying as a midfielder and that he’s too slow to be anything else.
The only option for him to get a game is in the middle, as we have far better forwards and wingmen. He’s got the body to be a midfielder (especially as we need a big body in there), but not the physicality.