#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Doubtful

Curtains for langford

So now he will have missed two games over three weekends.

Are they deliberately trying to halt his development?

1 Like

yep -lets play baggers clap clap
yep lets play zakka clsp
yep lets play Goddard

North ’ Saints made tough progressive decisions

On face value, I can’t remember worse handling of young player at our club in recent times.

Absolutely pathetic assuming he is fit.

29 Likes

Reckon we’ve stuffed him by not playing him where suited and then somehow holding that against him.

Our development of young players can be quite baffling.

16 Likes

Carlisle. I maintain that I’d he we’re played in position he’d still be at the club

4 Likes

It is as bad a player management as I’ve seen.

The recruiting team would be livid imo.

4 Likes

Well i do. He hasn’t been given a proper go at it for whatever reason. Maybe he slept with Worsfolds wife or something.

3 Likes

I’m not going to claim he’s a poster child for good development, but presumably when the recruiting team say they’ve brought him in as a tall midfielder who can play forward and on ball like Nat Fyfe, they wouldn’t be too livid when he gets played as a midfielder and a forward.

I think the decision to not play him in the preseason comp was strange at the time but now its getting even more bizarre!

Two weeks ago he was held over emergency and this week the VFL side has the bye.

It doesn’t make any sense to be managing a young player this much at the start of the year.

Is there really nothing he can offer the team? Or have they told him it’s mid or die?

Is that why you feel sorry for him?

I’m not Langford’s biggest fan, but the way we are managing him and developing him is farking disgraceful

8 Likes

No, he hasn’t. How anyone can say that, whether you like him or not is ridiculous

2 Likes

He’s had enough chances? You’re kidding right? He literally gets 1 - 2 games and then will get dropped. While great Essendon people like Myers get 3 yr deals on the back of nothing

1 Like

Langford has played 33 games

Parish 45
Tippa 50
Raz 49
J Merret 55

He’s had chances.

He’s played 6 of a possible 22 last year and now 2 from 6.

Hardly plenty of chances.

1 Like

It is interesting that someone said that I was harsh on a 19 year old. Interesting to see how well Parish handled it as a 19 year old. Same with McGrath.

Can’t argue with that. I’m not sure what this kid has to do to get a game. Gutted.

8 Likes