#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

cough- skipworth -cough

1 Like

HE SLEPT WITH SKIPWORTH???

12 Likes

I honestly get the feeling it doesn’t really matter what he does now. Worsfold simply doesn’t rate him. So he will always be first out of the side, and the last one picked when he gets back in.

Would love to know what our recruiting and development staff think of it all.

Geez, that would ruin anyones career! No wonder he is so laconic.

did Skipworth cook him dinner afterwards?

Sooking at epic levels in here about not playing him in his “best spot”.

We drafted two HFF/medium fwd types in LAV and Lang. Both had clear footballing talent.

Decision obviously made that LAV more likely the fwd & not going to be need for 2 x medium fwds. probably given LAV’s pace to get separation off the lead and aggression at marking contests

Lang to be trained up as a mid as seemingly had better lateral movement / time etc.

Lang however got more game time fwd early days in seniors as LAV continually injured.

Preseason 2017 all lined up for LAV to be playing fwd and gets injured again and Lang gets the first 3-4games IIRC. Stewart crushing it in 2’s, better marking target, more aggressive, great follow up at ground level. Stewart comes in and holds his spot and doesn’t look back.

We then end up trading for Stringer to play mid. Our 3 tall structure shelved as our midfield & ball movement not effective & Stringer back to 3rd tall.

In short there are other players seen to be better than him in his best spot. It happens.

And the redeployment to midfield hasn’t worked or seen him find his way at senior levels as there are both better inside and outside mid options. Even with those drafted after him now, probably because they were actual mids.

Sometimes players can be very good VFL players but not good enough at AFL level.

Perhaps this is one of those.

IMO he plays pretty football only. Intensity / aggression / competitiveness lacking. That’s what’s holding him back. Nothing more.

2 Likes

Can you please be more specific about who you are talking about.

This describes half our side.

1 Like

and our coach

1 Like

The Dumb is strong in this thread …

1 Like

Kyle played Round 1… did well… not outstanding but well. Round two he didn’t have a great game… who did?
He’s been tearing it up in the VFL… pretty much best on every game.

So here’s the thing… what message does it send when you drop a kid after one poor game then refuse to play him after he’s performed in the twos, not just consistently, but better than anyone else? Yesterday when the squad was announced, the social team used Kyles picture to announce there will be some fresh faces FFS.
How do you think he feels?

We won’t have him next year and it’s a damn shame. He’ll rip it up for another team, nothing surer.

7 Likes

The blonde leading the blind.

Papers stamped

Lol, :roll_eyes: … hardly.

I think you are correct. Lets remove ourselves from the emition re kyle and look instead at the coaches. Essendon is very talented!! some real stars.Look at our performances, look at how the players play look at our style. Reality is we should not assume our coaching staff do have it right regarding the team and selection. Why is Redman on tbe outer mckernan, maybe Clarke definitely Langers - our team is stacked with egotistical megalomaniacs.

1 Like

If this discussion offends you I urge you never to go into a game day thread

1 Like

Stop having a go at Myers. Langford is done. Let’s not turn him into another Myers and let him go now.

2 Likes

a very successful career at another club? - very likely

Question - which clubs role position

Gold Coast Stkilda Lions Carlton mid/fwd

1 Like

any of those clubs will probably win a final before Essendon does

Is it possible, maybe, that the coaches and the club know something more from observing him 24/7 than we know from looking at his stats and reading the VFL thread?

My reaction to him being picked is “wow, he got 33 big ones on the weekend, there must be something else seriously wrong with him for him not to be picked now, I wonder what is is.”

I think that’s a more logical reaction than “the selectors are idiots”, but that’s me

2 Likes