#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Soft Tissue regarding QuoteLink
Those stats are utter BS - On the AFL website He had 19 against Sydney and 14 against Richmond!

…36 across 2 games.

You’re all idiots.

Guilty as charged. Thanks.

*That’s

Last time I looked at the title this was the Kyle Langford thread. I keep coming back here expecting news on him.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Those stats are utter BS - On the AFL website He had 19 against Sydney and 14 against Richmond!

…36 across 2 games.

You’re all idiots.

*Your.

Nup.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

…36 across 2 games.

You’re all idiots.

*Your.

Nup.

Really?

Smooth moving Kyle Langford?

What’s this thread about again?

A reply to: @Riolio regarding QuoteLink

What's this thread about again?

Religion I think?

Je Suis Langford

Yup.

?A reply to: @BigBombs regarding QuoteLink

Looks more like a McPhee type of player to me.
Did you see him stop prop baulk prop bounce and fall over at training or something?

Changing my Blitz username to “Lackadaisical Sidestep” in his honour

I'm convinced that Saucy and Two with Sauce are the same schizophrenic individual.

Sorse?

I'm convinced that Saucy and Two with Sauce are the same schizophrenic individual.
So I'm like Two with Sauce's Tyler Durdin? or am I Edward Norton?

I’m convinced that Saucy and Two with Sauce are the same schizophrenic individual.

Quoted Post

Great get. A biggish wing/forward. Being very hopeful here but perhaps he is the perfect replacement for Winderlich eventually.

Without the litany of injuries.

Is not & never will be a midfielder.

His big issue is his accountability to his direct opponent when playing at centre bounces/stoppages.

Time after time he gets burnt by players he either cant physically go with or just refuses to man up.

For mine this has been the reason he was dropped to the 2nds & the very same reason why he might find himself back their again.

He may get away with a with a wing position but again doesnt have pace to track back & forth.

His main weapon is his strong marking & good kicking … & this imo says he must play half-forward.

By all means ‘learn the game’ but its time to settle this guy into a permanent role.

I feel like someone you once loved got gang raped by all the Essendon rookies and fringe players and you are now a ticking time bomb. One day you will go crazy at work and decide to shoot everybody, and the media will refer to your blitz posts as your manifesto.

Survivors will say “He just kept screaming random things like, ■■■■ you Jerrett and he’s not a ■■■■■■■ midfielder, he’s a ■■■■■■■ forward!!!”.

I think he’ll be fine as long as we manage expectations. I think it’s a long shot to expect that he’s going to be Fyfe good, or Bontompelli good, or Watson good, or Kennedy good, or Pendlebury good. He does have the capacity to be a really strong, creative player though and maybe if he really works at it we might see something like the above emerge.

He’s going to be really important to us in the future. Heppell, Zerrett, Parish and Zaharakis will form a pretty awesome quartet in the years to come but they’re not the biggest lads going around. We need Langford (and Laverde, ideally Francis as well) to come on so that we can compete with all the teams that are routinely throwing 190+cm, heavily built guys into the middle these days.

Great mark
Good kick
Very good off the ground
Excellent in close

But heavens above don’t include him in a chain of hand passes running in space. I don’t know why, but decision making in those instances seems destructive at best.

Great mark
Good kick
Very good off the ground
Excellent in close

But heavens above don’t include him in a chain of hand passes running in space. I don’t know why, but decision making in those instances seems destructive at best.