#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

David Rhys Jones

I don't care if we hate Paddy he ■■■■■■ reminds me of Paddy Ryder the way he glides arounds the ground, taking marks then handbaling off. He even looks like him out there, how can a white skip have such a beautiful tan?

He’s too good for vfl level but if he’s too play in the midfield at AFL he just needs to focus on moving the ball on quickly, forward and take first option.

Worth having a look at his stats comparative to Paddy Ryder at same age. Langers is miles in front. Hooksy had even played at 19

I don’t care if we hate Paddy he ■■■■■■ reminds me of Paddy Ryder the way he glides arounds the ground, taking marks then handbaling off. He even looks like him out there, how can a white skip have such a beautiful tan?

He’s too good for vfl level but if he’s too play in the midfield at AFL he just needs to focus on moving the ball on quickly, forward and take first option.

I love that he can take a mark. I love that he can kick straight and long. I’d love to see him more half forward beign the 2nd outlet rather than HBF being the first outlet. Him and laverde into the foward line? beauty.

Your getting confused with he times he is closest to an opponent but that opponent is not his. It's Kelly or birds. Happened multiple times on the weekend but the reality is it wasn't Langford trailing his man it was Langford trying to cover the dangerous man.
Ah yes, I remember when Mr Hooker went through this stage, and Blitz hated him.
Is not & never will be a midfielder.

His big issue is his accountability to his direct opponent when playing at centre bounces/stoppages.

Time after time he gets burnt by players he either cant physically go with or just refuses to man up.

For mine this has been the reason he was dropped to the 2nds & the very same reason why he might find himself back their again.

He may get away with a with a wing position but again doesnt have pace to track back & forth.

His main weapon is his strong marking & good kicking … & this imo says he must play half-forward.

By all means ‘learn the game’ but its time to settle this guy into a permanent role.

Your getting confused with he times he is closest to an opponent but that opponent is not his. It’s Kelly or birds. Happened multiple times on the weekend but the reality is it wasn’t Langford trailing his man it was Langford trying to cover the dangerous man.

Suspect it’s because at 19 he is fitter than some of our mature mids.

LID OFF for Langford.

Ps- pointed it out before. Langford gets 21 in the middle, gets criticised for everything. Laverde kicks a couple of goals, wet dreams galore.

Reality - both awesome talents. Laverde will bounce in and out of games with max impact. Langford will be the consistent performer. Need both!

Just watched the game. No one cares to notice as a mid he ran to defence a number of times intercept marking twice and winning a free from tackle. In the dying minutes of the 3rd he cracks a beautiful kick to advantage of Mckernan ( sorry to the experts) - he took his time to explore the best options .

Im a fan and fan of Laverde he will be significant as will Francis and i think you will see Redman be a very classy player.

Leave him alone FFS. He will be a great player for our club.

His big issue is his accountability to his direct opponent when playing at centre bounces/stoppages.

Time after time he gets burnt by players he either cant physically go with or just refuses to man up.

For mine this has been the reason he was dropped to the 2nds & the very same reason why he might find himself back their again.

He may get away with a with a wing position but again doesnt have pace to track back & forth.

His main weapon is his strong marking & good kicking … & this imo says he must play half-forward.

By all means ‘learn the game’ but its time to settle this guy into a permanent role.

Your getting confused with he times he is closest to an opponent but that opponent is not his. It’s Kelly or birds. Happened multiple times on the weekend but the reality is it wasn’t Langford trailing his man it was Langford trying to cover the dangerous man.

Suspect it’s because at 19 he is fitter than some of our mature mids.

LID OFF for Langford.

Ps- pointed it out before. Langford gets 21 in the middle, gets criticised for everything. Laverde kicks a couple of goals, wet dreams galore.

Reality - both awesome talents. Laverde will bounce in and out of games with max impact. Langford will be the consistent performer. Need both!

Once he’s a dominant mid in a couple of years, being accountable to his opponent will be easy because his opponent will always be trying to keep as close as possible to him.

He does this step thing that buys himself time and space. It's beautiful and can't be stopped.

Soon enough he will be a 25+ possession a game midfielder who can’t mark and kick goals.

Love this kid.

oops

Freudian?

Great get. A biggish wing/forward. Being very hopeful here but perhaps he is the perfect replacement for Winderlich eventually.

Dont give a stuff which position he plays. Talent galore. Get him to 50 games asap.

Abit of a over reaction for a kid that’s 19 years old. IMO accountability is one aspect of your game that can be taught, because it has nothing to do with skills or natural nous. If he has any issues with accountability the line coaches will watch the videos with the Kyle and point it out. No big issue.

I think he’ll be a good solid player for us. I don’t think he has superstar written all over him, but he’ll be a consistent performer for many years.

He does this step thing that buys himself time and space. It's beautiful and can't be stopped.

Soon enough he will be a 25+ possession a game midfielder who can’t mark and kick goals.

Love this kid.

oops

He does this step thing that buys himself time and space. It’s beautiful and can’t be stopped.

Soon enough he will be a 25+ possession a game midfielder who can mark and kick goals.

Love this kid.

Woosha said this week the reason he was dropped back was to get more midfield minutes. The club (and me fwiw) see him as a ball winning mid and in the seniors he has to play 50/50 mid/fwd. He has all the tools and there are a lot here that will be eating their words on him, will prove to be a very important part of our midfield in the next few years I believe.

Willie Langford... I like it.

There’s already a Will Langford playing for the Dawks!

Lol, .. "Wonka" a good nick, & soo apt. .. or Willie.

Willie Walla?

Willie Langford… I like it.