#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Good article that for once goes into some detail about how one particular player has recently been developed. Not all players are the same, so they will have different stories to tell, but it is good to hear this story to find out about this path to senior football. Sounds like Skippy can coach a bit.

1 Like

I’m dead serious. It’s typical of the attitude in here of just believing what you want to believe.
The whole industry is all about lying. You can only believe what you see on the field.

Edit: like I said though. It might be true. It certainly wouldn’t be a shock if it’s at least partially made up. I don’t care either way. It’s just like any one of the 100 other fluff articles pumped out by the club over a year.
I just hope he signs

4 Likes

I’m believing what Langford has said.

2 Likes

He’s got a pretty good poker face, it must be said.

8 Likes

Yeah, how would we know? :grinning:

Article counteracts all the panic merchants and conspiracy theorists thoughts thus it surely must be fluff and not true

Gawnnnnn!

2 Likes

Perhaps. I will take this one on face value though because he actually has gotten a lot better and has discovered some consistency so the evidence appears to be there.

At the risk of going round in circles you would argue we aren’t privy to the specific instructions each individual player is given.

1 Like

In reality they both could be, and probably are, true to some extent.

He would’ve been given specific stuff to work on, a plan to do that, and probably some targets or KPIs to hit.
And
He would’ve also been frustrated at not the opportunity to work on it in the seniors. Some clubs definitely would have given him that much leeway, and he’s only human.
Is any of this the right or wrong way to go?? We can’t ever really know, but it seems to have worked, so at least it wasn’t completely wrong.

There’s certainly some stuff our coaches don’t & haven’t gotten right, but some of the accusations on here are flat-out stoopid. And seem to have actually gotten worse, not better, since we’ve got our ■■■■ together.

6 Likes

Most probably the PR team scripted some quotes and he agreed for them to be attributed to him. It’s the equivalent of saying it, but not exactly being quoted.

Either way, what he is quoted as saying is now the truth.

EFC “Deep State” at work eh? :smirk:

1 Like

Jobe might have told Woosha to offer it to Kyle, who asked Jobe, who told Kyle to tell Woosha: “Yep, OK”

3 Likes

IMG_8379

6 Likes

Not at all. Pretty standard practice for PR teams to plan media releases and/or proactive responses to matters of interest to constituants in advance.

I found it interesting that the article noted that some found his dropping from team confusing. I would reasonably surmise that it it could be a reference to address fan unrest at the coaches. Its not that much of a stretch. Not saying it is the case. Just saying it may be.

I should probably mention that I have some experience in crafting public messaging.

So it was all planned and agreed that Langford would develop his Inside Midefiled craft in the VFL for 12-18 months? How dare they not tell us Blitzers. Sack Woosha, Drop Langford. Sack the board!

1 Like

Yeah, … but nah. They are direct quotes from Kyle in an interview, … and the fans confusion would have been readily known by reading Blitz, fakebook etc, … which every Journo does.

Crickets from them when they get proven wrong. Even if they acted like fkg tossers trying to convince others they were right at the time.

2 Likes

The trouble is that a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing.

Has he signed yet?

1 Like

Oh wait a min…

Frangaaaaa!!!