#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

efa

1 Like

Ok the doubters better come back apologising at the end of the season when Langford is playing to his potential and slaughting teams.

2 Likes

Is slaughting the laconic equivalent of slaughtering the opposition?

3 Likes

I was pretty critical after the last match(and admittedly a practice match) but I’ll come back next week if he proves me wrong.

I want him to succeed, just don’t think his output matches the hype… yet.

1 Like

I don’t think it will take that long. There’s no doubt he’s talented. Just had a ■■■■■■ first hit out.

First JLT, so a bit rusty. 7 turnovers wasn’t ideal, but I’ll cop that given the game it was. But the rest of his game was fine. 17 possessions, 8 contested, 5 clearances, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, not too shabby for mine.

2 Likes

The 5 clearances was a very good result. Particularly roving to a ruckman he wouldn’t have worked with much.

Would’ve liked some more of them out of the centre though. And thought he banged on the boot a bit, which was a bit of a shame since he has such good foot skills.

Yeh he turned over majority of his clearances and very rushed. I really hope his stoppage work is the biggest improvement in his game and he just had an odd night.

He didn’t have 5 clearances. The whole team combined didn’t have 5 clearances.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure at one point they said McGrath had 5 clearances - all effective.

Yep. McGrath had 6.
Team had 37.

I don’t care what ‘they’ say or what the stats say. There is no way on this planet that we had that many clearances

1 Like

Ok.

1 Like

Unless my definition of clearances is wrong. Maybe clearance means standing aside and ‘clearing’ a way so the opposition can walk out of the area unimpeded. If that’s the case, then we killed it!

3 Likes

Ok Nino.

3 Likes

Langford is like Cripps. He is practically the same player - but will be better.

Similar to Watson actually, but will be better.

1 Like

Like Fyfe. But Fyfey.

2 Likes

I think you need a beer.

10 Likes

Dared venture in here a few days after the game. Never change blitz :joy:

8 Likes

Seeing a few comments here that he was worst on ground, couldn’t be further from the truth

Intensity another that was questioned yet when I watch the replay he at times went harder than he did last year, personally I don’t think he is or should be that tough first possession mid I feel he looks best on the outside with his clean hands around the ground and his kicking although off in the JLT (not alone there) was proven last year to big a big weapon for him.

Many here want him to be something that he is not and there is nothing wrong with him being that taller smooth mover with good kicking skills and an ability to go forward and kick a goal.

3 Likes